advertisement

ncc200 transformer question

firestorm

pfm Member
Hello,
To all of you that have built a NCC200 / Avondale 260 amplifier. Do you know the specs that Les recommends for his NCC200 ?

Should they be 35-0-35v, 300VA per channel unregulated ?
What if you used the regulator boards ?
Would that need to be 40-0-40v ?
Would a reg board for each channel ?

Any one got any views on using chokes in the psu ? So that you can use less capacitance and there'll be smaller charging pulses.

Cheers

I bought one of Les's transformers, and it measured +-46v after the rectifier, which by my reckoning, means 33 - 0 - 33. IIRC, it's a 630VA beasty.

thanks for the info Richard - btw have you finished your A260z ? If so, whats it like ? Are you using a preamp ? If so which ?

I'm going to start the thread again, but with a different title to get some views on a choke input psu.

I'm also interested in building a couple of NCC200 so would like to know how these sound compared to other amps

Nearly there - final tests to do before the main hookup. I'm running a 32.5 with super-regged DIYcap.
The 260z will replace a newly recapped (using Les's new fave caps) chrome bumper 250, so it will be an interesting comparison - the caps will be the same in both amps, so one less variable.

When it's up and running I'll post some pics and comments.

advertisement

Back