advertisement

NAP140 Clone Build

mark121211

pfm Member
Thought i'd share a small project with everyone.

Last year E-Bay got the better of me and I purchased some NAP140 clone boards.

I did not really want another amp but having failed to off load the boards a project formed...

Like a-lot of the DIY community I have an abundance of parts so I set myself the challenge of not buying anything for the build.

The transformer is from a 70's Sony integrated. The mock up was to check if having the transformer in close proximity to the amp boards induced hum. It did not so an idea formed to build the smallest form factor possible.

Here is the first mock up of the case

More to follow later....

Hi

That gives me idea to built integrated amp. I have Nac42.5 clone done so maybe these Nap140 clone board would suit there nicely.. :)

Jake

Or bolt it all to the traffo and claim it's a breakthrough thermal loop configuration (patent pending)

Heatsink?

Pete

Heatsink - that would be the 16mm thick thick block of aluminium at the front.

I have mounted a thermal switch between the output devices but don't intend to drive this amp hard + the topology does not generate that much heat in the output devices.

Looks like wood in the pic!

Still not much surface area, keep an eye on it.

Pete

Pete,

The front panel is 16mm thick aluminium, the sides are oak left over from my office floor.

I did a test run (albeit with the output devices in free air) at reasonable levels into some LS3/5A's for a couple of hours and the front panel hardly got warm.

advertisement

Back