advertisement

NAIM NAP 135 Mono XLR wiring

kiran1103

Folks, I am building mono blocks similar to NAP 135 with NCC220 boards. I would like to replicate the XLR wiring so that I can switch between left and right. For the wiring I have Hi-CAP so can use 2 sets of XLR wiring. Am thinking Prehatek DIN to XLR with all three connections using Mogami 2459. If there are suggestions for a better wire let me know. So coming to the main question how do I wire the two XLR neutrix to the NCC220 boards. Thanks

Given each box includes a single NCC220, it's just a matter of including two XLR connectors and wiring them together like this:

NAP135-XLR.jpg

The thing to recognize that the Preh DIN plug includes both channels, so you're just choosing whether each amp wants to listen to one or the other.

Since you're wiring your own cables, I would suggest you just wire the cable to choose the channel, then use a single RCA connector on the amp.

Ended up doing RCA to keep it simple with color coding. But could manage only one. prehtek connectors are a real pain. I broke 3 out of 4 as the mogami wire is not flexible and the pin where soldered just snaps off. Any other method or different quality of wire that works best with these connectors?

advertisement

Back