advertisement

Naim NAC 202

Trolls
pfm will not tolerate trolls, i.e., the creation of one or more accounts under an alias different from the original alias a member has chosen (this includes the return of a banned member under a covert identity). Troll accounts will be banned. However, a member may ask the administrator to change his or her alias. A member may also ask the administrator to allow more than one account if there are legitimate reasons, e.g., if distinct trade and personal accounts are needed.

Thread crapping
The term ‘thread crapping’ describes a situation where a member makes a post that is clearly contrary to the spirit or intent of the thread with the apparent aim of derailing the discussion or turning it into an argument. Criticism of pricing etc in the classifieds is considered bad form and is also seen as 'thread crapping'. Persistent examples of such behaviour may result in a poster being banned for a period of time.

I have had, in various moments of my life, a 42.5, a 112, a 202 and have used the preamp section of an AV2. I have had 150x and 200 power amps and Nait, Nait3, Nait5, Nait5i, Nait XS, Supernait and have powered their preamp sections with various external PSUs.

My impressions are consistent: the smaller units usually win in immediacy, grace, elemental musicality, and greatly benefit from the psychological effect of their lower cost; larger units manage sounds better and often are able to give complex music passages back in amore convincing way.

When I had the Supernait, I once put 42.5 and 140 in its place, with the same speakers in the same room. The sound became 'fresher', more lively, but bass was slightly out of control, and a certain unripeness dominated everything. The Supernait was a little monochromatic and less 'teenager-ish' in comparison, but made me appreciate recordings more.

I have never heard a 72; I suppose that if one gets off the hi-end, hi-volume, hi-res merry-go-round and goes back to a simpler life, smaller amps are a bliss, but I find it now difficult to give up authority and texture such as those made possible by costlier gear.

I was absolutely exagerrating and meant no offense. I do notice that the 72 gets praise for being better than thigns above it, I don't understand.

Hey no worries I had a bad day at work but life is too short to worry about pre amps, enjoy tunes on what ever platform you see fit ;)

I have the NAP 200 and instead of its natural partner, the 202, I have the 72 (HC). Mostly because I haven't got that far with the outlay.
But from what I read on these forums I am not sure as to go as far as the NAC 202. The NAC 72(HC) does a good job for a fraction of the price and is usually raved about in this space. I certainly don't feel any lack of synergy with this combo.
My upgrade competition comes from the NAP 250 and seems a more logical next step. Maybe?

barry williams brings here the same attitude from the naim forum : crapping on other people's threads, trying to impose his ideas on others, and just TROLLING.

barry williams brings here the same attitude from the naim forum : crapping on other people's threads, trying to impose his ideas on others, and just TROLLING.

Why not just get over with it and use the ignore button for those you do not want to read or communicate with

You're on an international forum, its likely some controverses happen

As for the 202 preamp, I still think there's much better Naim value out there, maybe your getting more usefull response once you tell us rest of setup

Mind you we have different approach, some are source first people, some not, some like or hate Naim, some wants the mother, some the daughter, its likely you will get variable reviews, best to get hearing yourself
Naim s/h is often free hifi as resell value is excellent so it should not be that difficult to form your own experiences

have a nice day

advertisement

Back