advertisement

My Flatcap2 is broken, ay wey !

Pirx

pfm Member
I tried it with three pieces. Nait3, Nait5 and last night with Supernait used as a preamp. In all three instances it made the sound to collapse. Personally, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it. It's after all a single capacitor which hardly ever goes bad with miniscule currents required by preamp and a regulator. I'm just puzzled by the whole idea of running cheap interconnects back and forth between five connection breaks. Can't afford a bigger cap and don't even try to ask local Naimees to lend me one. Everybody knows two oily fingerprints on the black casing lower the value by half and another 30% goes down if an infidel will touch it...
Out of the three, only Nait 3 seems to have any merit based on sound. I don't know how Supernait's amp section sounds because it's toast at the moment so I use it only as a preamp. I would compare it to chewing vinyl going by culinary terms. Nait 5 has it too , that grayish composition , although Supernait preamp section is much more pleasant and spacious sounding.
Test system -Living Voice Avatar 2 , SimAudio Moon Eclipse CD player , Aloia 13st (choke loaded PSU ) amp. A great amp BTW.
m

I got a Naim bug but it looks like it's going to be short lived. I prematurely prized that Nait3. It works wonders in a closet sized bedroom with 96dB full range radio speakers so I extended the credit to slightly bigger " full blown British sized setup " meaning LV avatar in kitchen sized room. Sizzling mono sound is what I got from regular dome tweeters and 10 pounds worth of drivers in particle board enclosure selling for 10 thousands pounds or is it 20k now ? Driven by Nait 3. .Anyway I'm beginning to think my idea of buying Olive NAB 250 and NAC92R is not so smart and those sophisticated beyond belief Brits may have some points . Still , the violins of NAit 3 aren't nearly as steely as Supermait preamp manages them and in the midrange I can taste a cheap steak rather then plastic.

advertisement

Back