advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part XXVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that you use the MDAC in "DAC" mode (and with A10 software) - I strongly recommend direct connection to your power amplifiers... its going to be hard for your most pre-amplifiers not to degrade the 'qualities' of a Fusion'ed MDAC...

I will use direct connection to my power amplifiers in the future. I have some home cinema components connected to my pre amplifier and i will use the new "mickey mouse"-analog input of the mdac to connect the pre amp-out.

Best regards,
Uwe

Hey John - been away for the last few months, could you put me on the list for a new mainboard with fusion upgrade?

Cheers

Seb

I will use direct connection to my power amplifiers in the future. I have some home cinema components connected to my pre amplifier and i will use the new "mickey mouse"-analog input of the mdac to connect the pre amp-out.

Best regards,
Uwe

My Av amp also means that I've been running mine in Dac mode.
Bought some Akg Q701 cans until the mamp as I moved to an avr

I'm sure this must be wrong but...

Is it possible that using both the balanced and single ended outputs simultaneously might reduce the volume from the balanced outputs?

I've just attached my new sub to the phono outputs with the xlrs still feeding the Adams and I swear the volume has dropped by about 3dB.

checked it by removing and reconnecting the sub and it still seems 3dB down??

Best regards,
Uwe

Ouch - sorry we missed the AV bypass, I'll add it now!!!

I'm sure this must be wrong but...

Is it possible that using both the balanced and single ended outputs simultaneously might reduce the volume from the balanced outputs?

I've just attached my new sub to the phono outputs with the xlrs still feeding the Adams and I swear the volume has dropped by about 3dB.

checked it by removing and reconnecting the sub and it still seems 3dB down??

Not unless the RCA has somehow shorted out the RCA output - but then you would have no sound from the Sub...

UWE061,

I'm very sorry that I was not able to ship your unit in time for your Birthday - I've been struggling with the stability of unit to unit sound quality - and then waiting upon the required extra components.

As a small way of saying sorry, I've fusion'ed your unit (as your Resistors arrived last week) - and I add a few extra performance tweaks :) - so I hope you can forgive me...

Renata's words - "Wow that's real HiFi".... (In a good way) :)

Your unit will be shipped tomorrow if confirm you will be around to receive the delivery (not on holidays)...

Happy belated birthday :)

Hi John

Just wondering if you're still planning to ship out any more MDAC's this week? Any news when mine might be ready?

Thanks

Hi, Newbie to the forum, I already have a 8200cdq that I use as a dac, and its been good, but would like to get one of these "as New Condition Salvaged' units from Audiolab service for GBP350 to GBP400", plus all the upgrades you can throw at it....
Converted to MDac2 with
Upgraded board...
L3 Toy upgrade....
and the fusion Upgrade.

Please Pm me with a price and let me know if there are any other upgrades worth considering

Regards, Steve.

Bigfi, John isn't doing any more mods after the batch of units that are currently with him. He'll be working on the Mdac2 pcb until that is released.

It could be 2014 before the MDAC 2 is available, you may be better off buying a 2nd hand MDAC and enjoying it until then.

JW will then supply the new PCB for you to swop. It is quite a simple operation.

Thanks! ;-)

Lucky I'd not already shipped your unit + a chance mention that your unit required the AV bypass (Sorry I missed this).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/Uwe MDAC.JPG

For the AV Bypass, the rear panel White Phono connector is the LEFT Channel AV Input, and thus the Red is the RIGHT Channel AV input.

AV Bypass Mode is enabled when the MDAC is powered off – or Headphones are connected.

You unit is now packed and will be shipped AM tomorrow - Ps can you just confirm your address to Renata via her Email.

It could be 2014 before the MDAC 2 is available, you may be better off buying a 2nd hand MDAC and enjoying it until then.

JW will then supply the new PCB for you to swop. It is quite a simple operation.

Yes, its a good idea to buy a second hand MDAC if you can find one, then sometime around Christmas to Feb 2014 we will be shipping the MDAC2 PCB's :)

Hi, Newbie to the forum, I already have a 8200cdq that I use as a dac, and its been good, but would like to get one of these "as New Condition Salvaged' units from Audiolab service for GBP350 to GBP400", plus all the upgrades you can throw at it....
Converted to MDac2 with
Upgraded board...
L3 Toy upgrade....
and the fusion Upgrade.

Please Pm me with a price and let me know if there are any other upgrades worth considering

Regards, Steve.

Steve,

More information is here in the MDAC2 Wiki:-

http://mdac2.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

MDAC2 Fusion will be the highest performance build with all tweaks :)

Might be an idea if you can find a second hand MDAC - which can be upgraded to MDAC2 around Christmas / Feb... Atleast you can then start to play with an MDAC....

I have a special "development" version of a Silver MDAC Fusion here I might consider letting go... if a decent offer came my way...

Converted to MDac2 with
Upgraded board...
L3 Toy upgrade....
and the fusion Upgrade.

Regards, Steve.

All the details are here

http://mdac2.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

And if you time it right you could be number 100 on the list :)

Dear John,

this is great. Thank you very much!!! I confirmed (and changed) my adress via E-Mail to Renata.

Best regards,
Uwe

Lucky I'd not already shipped your unit + a chance mention that your unit required the AV bypass (Sorry I missed this).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/Uwe MDAC.JPG

For the AV Bypass, the rear panel White Phono connector is the LEFT Channel AV Input, and thus the Red is the RIGHT Channel AV input.

AV Bypass Mode is enabled when the MDAC is powered off – or Headphones are connected.

You unit is now packed and will be shipped AM tomorrow - Ps can you just confirm your address to Renata via her Email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom