advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the Sunday morning quarterbacking but just saw the comment about almost being able to review the DETOX chassis. Since receipt of the latest sample was noted about week(?) ago, would it not have been worth taking a brief hiatus from other projects to approve it (or not) so that vendor could begin producing?

If cash flow is the issue, I, for one, would be willing to add to my development contribution to accelerate this process.

BigDog,

Yesterday completed a major milestone on the MDAC2 design so today I could work on the Detox chassis.

I've just sent the updated drawings to the vendor - there where a few small issues to resolve - a few small dimension tweaks etc, but otherwise the design looks really good - I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I now wait for final quote from vendor with packing...

Saw the DETOX chassis pics on FB. Looks great!

How do you say "I'm excited" in British? ;)

(Edit) Google is your friend... "I could bite your arm off!"
small-uk-flag-gif.gif

I am not a paying customer, but am following this topic out of technical interest. The chassis looks like it is built to provide deep EMI/RF isolation from environment and PWBs from each other. This is very similar how military chassis are built, though we would add EMI/environmental gasket or O-ring. at the cover or chassis flanges. This type of chassis is not super-easy or very cheap to produce. PWBs in the picture also look respectably complex.

John,
When I try to join the fb-group, I get infinite waiting for an approval and nothing else happens. Perhaps you don't recognise my fb-name, which is my real world name (that Renata and you have in e-mail records) plus number 165.
Thank you.

Hi Pavel - My bad, sorry I'd been blitzed by many Czech / Slovak users around the same time who are not sponsors so I ignored them... I'll add you now.

Congrats, John, on the excellent review of the Pro-Ject Streambox!

Did read about the unit getting quite warm tho'. Does this have implications for the DETOX?

Thank you :)

The Reviewers unit had a software bug that causes a CPU core to reach 100% usage on each operation of Detox Mode (an issue with Roon Audio implementation) each cycle of the Detox switch would cause the next CPU core to reach 100% until all four cores where operating at 100% CPU usage, then the OS somehow managed to keep the task operating (scheduled) even though all 4 CPU cores where at 100% usage - amazing really the unit still was so responsive and still streamed Audio!... Anyway the bug has been resolved so no overheat issues.

Also, the Detox is a very different design to the Ministreamer so again no issue with overheat (it also has a solid milled chassis).

Last edited:
I’ve just picked up my first mdac. Impressive so far. Not sure about all the filters and is it supposed to run hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back