advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the devdac exactly ?, i have not followed other products much.
devdac = development dac. It's a basic version of the MDAC2 concept and will be used to develop software and beta-test the DAC performance. Its paving the way for the MDAC2 which hopefully will follow very soon. Only a select few (4 or 5 sponsors) will be getting one to help the project achieve a significant milestone. Do you have any relevant software/hardware expertise, if so you may want to purchase a board (it will be possible eventually, to build it into a chassis and keep as an excellent simple dac).

devdac = development dac. It's a basic version of the MDAC2 concept and will be used to develop software and beta-test the DAC performance. Its paving the way for the MDAC2 which hopefully will follow very soon. Only a select few (4 or 5 sponsors) will be getting one to help the project achieve a significant milestone. Do you have any relevant software/hardware expertise, if so you may want to purchase a board (it will be possible eventually, to build it into a chassis and keep as an excellent simple dac).

Great detail tim, thanks. That is really exciting, i like the whole idea of developing and testing to further improve the future products. Thats why i have had no problem with the delay. Although i have a very broad understanding, its not deep to participate in such a project.

I cant wait for the discussions on the developments.

giphy.gif

Carlson...put iiit awayyy

I hope John submits an Air Guitar session of himself after first DevDAC post out to someone

I quite like this idea of transferring most action to a closed Facebook account as it makes it much easier to look in here and check whether the prospects of ever receiving an mdac2 have materially altered.

PFM is always going to be the area where we can discuss the designs - but FB with its ability to easily post pictures and videos will serve as a daily "photo dairy" - so those who are on FB are more connected with whats happening here in the Lab.

No. You just should use the internet, with whatever provider/service that makes it easy enough for you. But Facebook is a space where many friends/users/customers just can’t reach you. I have probably around 20 registered domains, still sad about my Netscape.net email being gone, fondly remember trying to by Apple stock on a Linux terminal 1600m underground while this was still worth $30 or such (before 2x splits), met Steve Jobs ... but a non-public vanity space like FaceBook (or LinkedIn)? Wrong message.

So, just use Tumlr or Wordpress or whatever “website in 5min” service. But the web, not a limited user base space.

I've got money in the MDAC2 and Detox projects, but closed my FB account a year or so ago and don't want to go back. It's a bit frustrating to think that I won't get to see the progress.

Then again, it was always a bit weird to be a paying customer and not to get any emails about project progress in however many years it's been.

How many disagree with your disagreement though ?

FB cannot tell you that.

:) True. Apparently about half a dozen who object enough to post about it.

My point is that it's already a fact. It exists.

Once John decided that it would save him time (and, maybe, grief) it wasn't up for debate.

So this is all just noise.

But hey, if it makes anyone feel better....

Hi,
I'm surching some help to debug my MDAC.
It works well, but when i turn on, the screen always shows "Factory defaults" and i lose all my settings.:(
Update the firmware (V10) doesn't change anything.

Do you know a solution?

Hi John,

It's been a while since I've been on here!

Hope all is well, I'll read back the threads to see the current "MDAC2" status etc.

Quick question, I'm going to get one of these, as there's good things said about them:

https://wyred4sound.com/products/upgrades-and-mods/sonos-connect-modified

Basically a nice new I2S module to fix the dire SPDIF out on the Sonos.

You can choose which sampling rate on order and they recommend 96KHz. Which sampling rate would be best for my MDAC (and whatever I get next from you)?

I've also added myself to the FB Group, pending request.

Cheers...

Hi,
I'm surching some help to debug my MDAC.
It works well, but when i turn on, the screen always shows "Factory defaults" and i lose all my settings.:(
Update the firmware (V10) doesn't change anything.

Do you know a solution?

During power-up push and hold the level Knob - this will display the software version numbers, do the mainboard and front panel software versions match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back