advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you, please, remind, do we really need a power adaptor if Detox is used with self powered dac and that is only necessary with usb powered dac?

Gints,

The Detox requires external power supply irrespective of DAC power requirements.

The MDAC2 HQ PSU will have a DC power jack for the Detox so once its available the Detox's separate adaptor can be ditched.

Hi JohnW,
I paid the detox dev fee. I want EU plug, sorry for the delay, I have been abroad on vacation for a while.

Hi John,

Long time reader, very infrequent contributor. I have paid the development fee for the detox and would need one with a US (even though I live in Vancouver BC) PSU.

Cheers

Hi John,

Is the DETOX power adaptor a SMPS or a Linear PS?

Is it in the form factor of a wall wart or is like the stock M-DAC power adaptor where there is a power cable that terminates into whatever regions' power plug.

And, are the UK and EU versions the same electrically except for the type of power plug?

Thanks,
Leon

I have paid development fees for one Detox. Can I sell my place? Meaning, new person pays dev fees, and my dev fees go towards my Mdac2 (all paid up so far).

Hi John

I think I have paid dev fees for 2 Detox's. If so I am happy to buy 2 units (UK and black if there is a colour choice)

I would like to know more about the options for the salvaged silver unit
since i may sell it to someone that do not want to send in an mdac to
be upgraded.

Would johnW be willing to repair it? (for me or someone else) is it
already repaired?

Hi John,

I’ve been away from the thread for about 3 weeks and have only just found out about your short flit to/from the UK. Maybe we’ll meet up again another time. I’m sorry to hear about Buddy and am wondering about the outcome? Better news I hope.

I’ve paid development costs for a DETOX so wish to confirm my request for one unit with UK PSU.

I had intended to wait for the FDAC (and I still want one) but I’ve decided to go for the MDAC2 in the interim. I’d also go for the streamer option. Would the £250 development fee for that be payable now? I recall a funding arrangement for those going via the MDAC2 to the FDAC but didn’t pay much attention at the time as I didn’t then expect to be going by this route. Could you please clarify the details of that arrangement?

Best wishes to you and Renata from Lancashire.

Roger.

Hi John,

I’ve been away from the thread for about 3 weeks and have only just found out about your short flit to/from the UK. Maybe we’ll meet up again another time. I’m sorry to hear about Buddy and am wondering about the outcome? Better news I hope.

I'm always very happy to hear from you - shame we could not meet during our recent trip UK trip.

Buddy's (not Bobby you met :)) Kidney levels are out of the Red zone, but he has elevated Liver levels, he's on a special diet and we are going for a Bloody test tomorrow, but he's doing much better. I hit the bed this morning at 5am - Buddy sprung up and then spent the next hour hunting his fluffy toys next to me! I was happy to see him so fully of energy, although I was exhausted I could not tell him off to go back to sleep!

I’ve paid development costs for a DETOX so wish to confirm my request for one unit with UK PSU.

OK noted, thank you.

I had intended to wait for the FDAC (and I still want one) but I’ve decided to go for the MDAC2 in the interim. I’d also go for the streamer option. Would the £250 development fee for that be payable now? I recall a funding arrangement for those going via the MDAC2 to the FDAC but didn’t pay much attention at the time as I didn’t then expect to be going by this route. Could you please clarify the details of that arrangement?

The GBP250 is the built price for the streamer PCB (including development fee) - we are also exploring the possibility of increasing the onboard Flash memory from 4GB to 64GB to allow a decent amount of onboard music file storage and also to reduce possible system Bus B/W limitations while recording DSD256 files.

The documentation for the ARM controller is very limited, so while we have added the memory to our PCB design we can only confirm the option works once we build the latest revision streamer board (A03). If we can increase the memory size then it will be added as an extra cost option, I'm excited to have a single one box solution for my Music :) 64GB should be enough to store nearly 200CD's in bit accurate Flac format.

The local eMMC Memory also solves a pending availability issue the CM3 module - the CM3 with 4GB onboard eMMC is in very limited supply, while Farnell has over 5K of the CM3 Lite (version without memory) which we would use with our local onboard 64GB memory solution.

Also note that the streamer PCB no longer supports Composite Video output :( (we now only support HDMI Video output) as we need the PCB position previously used by the video output BNC jack to mount a rear panel 6.3mm Headphone jack as there is no space for the headphone jack on the optional upgrade MDAC2 front panel, as basically the whole front panel area is used by the display and touch panel.

With the updated front panel, the headphones can remain plugged into the rear panel and selected by a front panel button.

Best wishes to you and Renata from Lancashire.

Roger.

Renata sends her warmest regards :)

Update on Detox:-

UK 52

EU 40

US 9

Total so far: 101

Everyone who has confirm the Detox either here on PFM* or via direct Email should have an Email from Renata with confirmation details.

We have emailed the outstanding Detox development sponsors and give them a week or so to reply, those who we dont hear back from we will take as they are no longer interested in proceeding to production.

We need confirmed numbers to get finalized quotes on the chassis etc.

*The confirmation Email to Adamdea keeps bouncing back - but you have been confirmed on the Detox production list.

We have remove the Detox development payment option as we have no plans to manufacture Detox asides from these PFM units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back