advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not the highest bid on that thread 300 pounds and not 500 as you claim? Although not one best auctions for a buyer, this surely is one of the more entertaining ones though.

Lot's of trippy stuff on this thread lately, I need more...

Cav has asked if £300 is acceptable, however the bid that is winning the auction stands at £200 :)

I signed up nearly 4 years ago and I check this thread almost daily. It's just a pity that nobody has taken the time to summarise the various twists, turns, rants etc on a monthly highlight thread. What's is the overall page count now ?

It was great to meet John, Jarek and everyone else last night.

John doesn't look as old or mad professor looking as I always imagined.

Is there anyone willing to pay more than that?

Maybe you should start with an accurate description. There is no MDAC2 pledge option. I'm guessing (from the amount payed) that you're trying to sell the following items:
1x FDAC L2 pledge
1x FDAC slave pledge
1x silver salvaged MDAC

Now it is possible to transfer the FDAC L2 pledge to the new MDAC2. This includes the option to still get FDAC with a 50% discount on the development fee (IIRC the discount is valid on the first GBP400, so it would not include L3 and phono pre option).

Slave pledge transfer might be possible with paying off the balance. If it makes even sense to do this. There was a slave option announced for the MDAC2 but it can't act as a master (only FDAC).

I believe that this DAC will be as good as it gets ...it's the last thing I want to spend 'exotic' price money on ;-)

We can stop worrying about DACs and worry about other more important things in life hereafter

I might ask the moderators to close the auction thread and unstead sell my pledges separetely, i will took a look at my fihances and see if u really need to sell now.

Attention... Now you are on thin ice.
You have started an action. There are many judicial judgments that auctions are binding on both sides. Bids are made within the auction. Everything that goes beyond it not relevant.
You pointed out John's alleged right and decency. Then you should at least the same scale to your behavior.
You should think about it.

Greetings

Attention... Now you are on thin ice.
You have started an action. There are many judicial judgments that auctions are binding on both sides. Bids are made within the auction. Everything that goes beyond it not relevant.
You pointed out John's alleged right and decency. Then you should at least the same scale to your behavior.
You should think about it.

I think it extremely unlikely that any bidder would have a legal case, particularly as no-one has yet made a realistic offer. Chancers tend to get short shrift in the absence of a written contract.

Back from the UK trip - and great to Bob, Chris, Nick, Derrick & George.

Sorry for being rather quite during the dinner, I have troubles with root canal which had started playing up the week before the UK trip and just as I landed in the UK I found out that Buddy our newest puppy we saved from being put down might have had / has terminal kidney failure - and was at the vet everyday on a drip... It was also my birthday so was great spend the time with fellow PFM'ers who have been a major part of my life these past few years.

Bigdog is correct, I have promised to build the Detox after the Streamer PCB once the SMD PnP machine arrives (September) so we should start to get the chassis & components ordered now.

To move to production, what I need now from Detox sponsors is confirmation of interest in moving forward and wither EU / UK or US spec AC Adaptor.

Once I have these numbers then I can confirm pricing - but lets say around GBP150 + shipping for the moment.

Please just Email Renata or confirm here on the forum and I'll post a final list.

At this time we have no plans on further Detox production as we need to concentrate on MDAC2 / VFETs.

BigDog, I believe your the only US (110v) customer - I already have your AC adaptor here.

John,
You can add me to the list I have committed to two EU DETOX.

I think you or Renata should send out a mail at least to the ones that do not respond. Not everyone follows this thread regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back