advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need money now, my personal economy made a turn to the worse and i did not expect that while paying the dev-fees.
I am willing to pay you 2x the production cost for the fdac but now i want my payments to be refunded.

Is it just me or does these two statements contradict each other?

Anjora you just have to wait like the rest of us.

It will be easier to sell your stake when production has started. If you want out now you will have to offer a discount.

I am out of work currently and i currently have expenses to pay, i need money now. Once my finances have improved i will be able to start my company. I do also have some money locked away(i cannot currently access it).

I know how it works when you have a company and you will be able to deduct the vat and the cost itself when you buy a product to a company, if you have bought a product before starting the company you will not be able to deduct the VAT and you may not be able to deduct the full expense of the product either.

Sure you can make offers but i still make a loss even if i get back the full amount in £(I would be ok with that though), i am trying to find a buyer now.

Best of luck getting a new job. Maybe spend more time looking for one and less time embarrassing yourself on this thread.

I want my money back, this is why i spend time in this thread, i offered JohnW a great deal, there is no reason for him to reject that deal.

anjora, it's not John's problem that you now no longer need a dac and don't have the money, if a product had been delivered already then you still wouldn't have the money, you'd owe more for the production fees.

We all know that the development fees are non refundable so please stop asking for a refund.

John - have a safe flight, hope to see you on Tuesday.

Not accprding to the original specs, the new fdac will have tubes and a dac chip that measure 24dB worse, i personally do not want that.

The mdac2 is has an externam PSU and will lack the DSP capabilities i want, i just want to get back the money i paid, i am not being unreasonable here.

The plans for FDAC are not final. John has said in this thread that both an ESS and a discrete DAC will be available for you to listen to & choose which you prefer. The plan outlined by John for the FDAC was for him to design the very best sounding DAC he could. That plan has not changed. As for using a tube section, why not?, what's the problem?.

Anjora, I'm getting tired of this thread, so won't be responding to any further posts by you.

Derek

You can sell your stake to another but you will not get, and are not entitled to, a refund.

So johnW is allowed to change the specs freely bit i am not allowed a refund in any case? how is that fair? why should anyone pay any devfees to johnW during these contitions?

If someone want to buy any of my pledges i will happily take that, it's a bit messy since johnW changed his plans but whatever.

What i am suggesting is that
-i get a full refund within 10 days(in£)
-johnW sells to other people instead and thus does not lose money.
-i later buy the fdac when/if it is available with the features i paid for.

A compromise would be getting a refund on the slave unit i paid 300£ in dev fees for making it easier for me to sell my pledge.

So basically now - as every-time i try to read this thread i get lost that something else has been added or changed or something, it would surprise me if a flux capacitor has been added, this time round.

I think last time i asked, an MDAC2 board was coming in spring, that just slots into the MDAC chassis that i have?

Fortunately i've not stumped the amount angora has above, anyway then, so basically now is this what's happening...?

1. There is an MDAC2 board that fits into the original MDAC?
2. There is a regulated power supply that makes the above work?

Both will be about £1000, minus any development costs you've already paid?

Is this correct?

When will this be for sale? (obviously spring has come and gone, unless you meant spring 2023).

Might be good to put a very short list what is happening in your signature JohnW so we know whats' coming.

Anjora you must have read and understood what you were entering into before parting with your money, if this is not the case then you certainly should have. It's you who is being unfair here, making demands when you have no right whatever. Wake Up!

Legal action will get nowhere.

This is a crowd-funded project.

We are all investors. Like any investment there is a (small) risk.

The terms were made clear including investments/instalments being non-refundable.

Any design project is bound to be subject to change until it is finalised.

Repeatedly making demands in order that the other party gives in just to make the noise stop is called nagging.

It would be foolish to reward a nagger.

The ignore facility can be used to make the noise stop.

If I were John I would not be losing any sleep over you.

Good night!

Digital audio is vastly superior to vinyl and other lowfi product when done right, the only reason why vinyl sounds better is that it is better mastered sometimes.

Having heard identically-mastered material via £30,000 worth of Accuphase CD transport/DAC and the £43,000 Kronos Pro turntable I would disagree.

Anjora

Its obvious that your having financial issues, but the details of the project clearly stated that developement fees were non refundable. This is a crowed funded project that was aware by most of us on the condition of johns timeline reliability. Although variables have definitely changed things for some people, ultimately johns only goal of producing the very best (fdac) design (sound quality) will still be delivered.
Just because you are now unfortunately in trouble, does not allow you to expect conditions to suit you. John is pretty reasonable and has provided what help he could. If he caved in to every cry baby he would be causing trouble for himself and also risking the viability of the entire project.
Your only options are to offer your placement in the project to others or sit back and politely try to come to some kind of solution. You cant do jack otherwise.

Also your passionate belieif in already "perfect" digital audio is not held by most here. Dont try and imprint your beleif on others just because you "think" you are right. Healthy discussions are always welcome but opinionated ******* are not.

Sour grapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back