advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110110)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a number of fanboys John who'll most likely attack me after this post,

So much bile that you need to attack not just John but also those of us who still support him is really very sad. The fantasy that you could ever have worked amicably with him, likewise.

Of course none of us signed up expecting the end result to take so long, but no-one could have forseen the convoluted paths that different aspects of the design would take: breaking new ground towards a sota end result will do that.
I expect the detox and MDAC2 to be the last dac combination I will ever need, and am therefore prepared to wait. You preferred to take a loss. Despite protestations to the contrary, you're uncomfortable with that. Deal with it.

Interesting catch 22 Lars
Anyone who doesn't exactly share your​ world view is by definition a "fanboy"
Therefore no one can disagree with you - any disagreement is by (your) definition, wrong

You should know when you're stoking a fire - you're a skilled project manager: you know how to motivate people.

Oh, I am not a fanboy and I feel with LarsS. For me it is a calculation: A (or more) state of the art product(s) I could not buy in normal markets (Far too expensive! Not yet developed?) and the price I am paying extra is an extra portion of patience. I can live with that. And I'm still enjoying all the entertainment this thread is delivering. Sometimes I wonder what is going to happen when the ride is over. Is the chase better than the catch?? Go on JohnW :)

Now,

Let's see what type of response I got from my post and what I'd expect to come?

My expectations was twofold:

1. Subjective (Emotions, We can wait, It'll happen, Seduced ... )

2. Objective (Deliveries, Agreements, Products, Hands on, ...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Subjective: In which I pointed out some to be JohnW's fanboys (deliberately chosen term). ChrisPa, davidjt and TimR (jansen sort of, but maybe not due to his sense of humour) fell into that category, no facts aso presented as expected.

Well, there we are friends (or whatever we should call each other in these times ...)

/Take Care
Lars

I'd prefer tomorrow. That way the packages should arrive on wednesday, maybe even tuesday. If you're going to ship with Česká pošta again, the packages should be safe with DHL over the weekend. Usually they don't mess around (too much) in their own backyard.

OK, I''l get them out first thing in the morning, they could have gone today - but its been a mess.

Renata will forward tracking numbers (Česká pošta), the Detox is in the MDAC box.

This is one shipment I really cannot afford to get lost - the fully Fusioned MDAC & Detox!

Now,

LarsS,

I'm more aware then anyone here that these projects have dragged on - I hope to have all designed wrapped up by the end of the year so I can move on.

I thank those who support me - it be a very much harder task moving forward without there continued support - and yes indeed I consider them friends, its been a journey together :)

As a consequence of the amount of work / pressure I'm under ATM, my posts are not as eloquent as I'd like, I can understand your frustration - but please understand you posts are not helpful.

Once the Detox / MDAC2 PCB's are manufactured I'll be more light hearted about things - and hopefully back to myself :)

Just having Detox manufactured will be a great step forward for us here in the lab - and a somewhat simpler PCB to manufacture then the MDAC2 PCB's on our newly to be installed SMT line.

The MDAC2 CM3 PCB's are also nearterm...

Give me more :)!!

I've got a proposal to you (depending on your nationality), beneficial for the both of us and a great deal of fun I hope.

Just started to study "Creative Writing" at Stockhom University aiming to eventually become a novel/movie. Plot is right here, easy writing, assembling four years of dreams and hopes!

Partnered in my latest project prior retiring was a Netherland company, if as your name suggets you're from that area I see great success of us partnering. You could even be a Dane and we'd make it ...

LarsS,

I'm more aware then anyone here that these projects have dragged on - I hope to have all designed wrapped up by the end of the year so I can move on.

I thank those who support me - it be a very much harder task moving forward without there continued support - and yes indeed I consider them friends, its been a journey together :)

As a consequence of the amount of work / pressure I'm under ATM, my posts are not as eloquent as I'd like, I can understand your frustration - but please understand you posts are not helpful.

Once the Detox / MDAC2 PCB's are manufactured I'll be more light hearted about things - and hopefully back to myself :)

Just having Detox manufactured will be a great step forward for us here in the lab - and a somewhat simpler PCB to manufacture then the MDAC2 PCB's on our newly to be installed SMT line.

The MDAC2 CM3 PCB's are also nearterm...

Renata (John),

Thanks for response!

Writing the above - "... I'm more aware then anyone here that these projects have dragged on - I hope to have all designed wrapped up by the end of the year so I can move on..."

Renata, we both know it wont happen, thanks anyway for nice writeup!

/Lars

John, I'm only in for a Detox but I'm supporting you. If I'd wanted an off-the-shelf product I'd have bought one...I suppose I did as I have a Regen. This is as much about the journey and process of seeing how designs evolve as it is a quest to buy a new piece of kit. Keep cool.

Renata (John),

Thanks for response!

Writing the above - "... I'm more aware then anyone here that these projects have dragged on - I hope to have all designed wrapped up by the end of the year so I can move on..."

Renata, we both know it wont happen, thanks anyway for nice writeup!

/Lars

Renata???

Well I've never been confused for a slim blond female before... :p

Partnered in my latest project prior retiring was a Netherland company, if as your name suggets you're from that area I see great success of us partnering. You could even be a Dane and we'd make it ...

Haha, german! Still interested?

Now,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Subjective: In which I pointed out some to be JohnW's fanboys (deliberately chosen term). ChrisPa, davidjt and TimR (jansen sort of, but maybe not due to his sense of humour) fell into that category, no facts aso presented as expected.

Well, there we are friends (or whatever we should call each other in these times ...)

/Take Care
Lars
What on earth makes you think people have the slightest interest in your expectations? Or indeed anything at all you have to say come to that.

Congratulations, I don't think I've ever been so offensive to anyone before on a forum, but you've managed to provoke me.

Now,

/Take Care
Lars

Indeed, catch 22
(You do know what that is, don't you?)

You provided your objective (as you now describe it) list
- you chose what was on the list
- you also get to choose whether any suggested amendments to the list would be defined as objective or subjective
- you also get to choose whether any responses are "subjective" or "fact"
- no one else has that choice

So, why should anyone (I) bother to reply in any detail. You put yourself in the position of specifier, accuser, prosecutor and judge. There's no room for anyone else. That's fine. Why should you expect a detailed reply when you're in the position to judge any alternative viewpoint (disagreement) as "subjective"

No contradictions were presented by me
No agreements were presented by me
So apart from my comment that I think you knowingly and consciously "fanned the flames", and I'm surprised that you have, you don't know what my opinion is of your points ... although you think you do

So what is the benefit to any of us in providing a detailed response to your points at this stage.

I am interested though - what is your objective at this moment?
What are you trying to achieve by these posts?
How does this fit in with your project management experience?
How will this accelerate any deliveries?

I've done my best to support you by offering myself as project manager free of charge, refused by you unfortunately.
Seeing your strong passive-aggressive tone, I don't think that would be a good choice, in retrospect. I've worked as a PM for ~3 years and if there's one thing that could describe the job, it's planning and diplomacy. Particularly the latter - using a tone similar to yours in a meeting with stakeholders would get you nowhere and using it on your team leaders would just facilitate distrust. Regardless of the current state of events regarding JohnW, I guess I kind of expected a more civil behaviour from a person with your training.

I have to admit that from an outsider's PoV, it can be seen either as a kicking a sneaky businessman that managed to rob a bunch of people, but it might as well be kicking a man lying on the floor just for fun and sadistically laughing while doing it. Are you sure you want to continue assuming the former given that there's a non-zero chance of this case being the latter?

That may have been too much philosophy in the previous paragraph for this forum.

OK, I''l get them out first thing in the morning, they could have gone today - but its been a mess.

Renata will forward tracking numbers (Česká pošta), the Detox is in the MDAC box.

This is one shipment I really cannot afford to get lost - the fully Fusioned MDAC & Detox!

Thank you!

Well, now I've got something to do on my days off :D

Some time ago I was offered an opportunity to buy someone's stake in an FDAC. I'm in the market for a DAC and I'm in no desperate hurry.

My response to the seller at the time was that I'd watch how things progress and make my decision then.

Sadly, nothing I've seen recently suggests an FDAC will be a reality any time this millennium.

For that reason. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back