advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be nice for those of us that have paid/registered to be able to log in and check what we have paid/what stage we are at and what options are available.. I am fairly sure both my units are paid up L3 but for the life of me cant remember!

I mailed Renata for an update on my payments and received the chart with the different levels of equipment. I commented that this list of technical items for each level meant not a lot to me and having read other's comments, I felt that a description of what the components meant in terms of functionality would help to decide which level of unit to choose. Renata sent the perfect answer which cut straight through the jargon so I post it here for others who don't get the technical stuff and just want functionality. This has helped me immensley so I help it helps others:

Renata wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A simply summary would be if you have no need for Anlaogue inputs (From Turntable or Tuner etc) then the FDAC L2 is your best option.

If you require Line level Analogue inputs (say from a tuner / tape) then FDAC L3

If you woul dlike to connect a turntable and also Line lebel inputs directly then the FDAC L3 MM/MC

What is the situation if I wish to procure both an FDAC L3 and a second FDACLite ? Is the FDACLite purely an "at cost" production cost with all the development costs covered by the FDACL3?

I believe I'm already paid up for the FDACL3 development costs

Eddie

Be nice for those of us that have paid/registered to be able to log in and check what we have paid/what stage we are at and what options are available.. I am fairly sure both my units are paid up L3 but for the life of me cant remember!

Sam,

Renata's just checked, both your units are paid upto L2....

It's something John did with the last MDAC upgrade. Big improvement!

The price is unknown because the number of needed resistors is unknown yet. And we won't know until the analogue boards (FDAClite) are finished. I think GBP 150 should account for approximately 20 resistors. In the end it could be less or maybe even twice as much. We'll see :)

Thanks again Fusion5 so looks like it is definately worthwhile then

I will have to settle for the poor man's version:
L2
FWC
CD slot loader
Vishay bulk foil version (unless cost is prohibitive)

Speaking of billionaires just fitted £8.00 worth of new caps in my Calex Mdac
PSU. :D

5IBU46aAMh4oqnZFp4i4TxP5oFCfdIZwGyHp_V8HtqYcM2aPe7d_vfdYVqKavM01rnDvGYcZN7IY_IcnwH3wsADcZSnyxc-2Q9S5wHJBC4U4O3VxxDPcMEVhiCKRnBRLS8fAQzXLi2lJs2gOnEyMz8hpzfV2KuwNjthnUvqbojJ6mxVPiiF7hXUCrD9ymYm6AcOBkRgAzFQw0AOUbTK_jEnahzcLg7uYG9VNQt-SxZZZKrNPTq3z5AZ7kjPD0RhXIDbeh8X1bCjX7J2GqKgIq91ADfJF3gmCs3-PqPmhU_89ptEkkrUEzMN4d-arr1QED6Ye6-UtS7T1LXlS5ocGiCAviUZTKSURx2TjYZVe0qxRVcoJtHUOi-4YS2mb0Af5Kz6Cn-qxjrYuxHuTigyx6pqIy-MAirpIaW1QMuBfWJru_ScshRGNbjREIlwbiWgzmiNrS-MDaS-NYjxiznNDRvGhuMGcF5qE50bSzi7TYBG5Q1Bz869LhBEn7uLm6-2XjT52aUEoATnVtt9wNZJ5dw90PpwYFkyERI0ZmoH8ZK2Kr6m8iYM7_mlBAHbBpYgKLJvW=w858-h643-no

Speaking of billionaires just fitted £8.00 worth of new caps in my Calex Mdac
PSU. :D

I'm very disappointed to see a non-mitered (not even morticed!!) wooden box for the soldering iron! The cap pins look bent over too:eek:

at least the screws are countersunk....nice pic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back