advertisement

[FS] Manticore Mantra with Rega (Moth) RB250 arm

rtrt

pfm Member
The table is around 34-35 years old - its from around 88 or 89. Price - £200. Collect from Camberwell London SE5 please.

Operation - Green power switch is fine. On switch on, the platter rotates with no noise - takes a few seconds to get up to speed if you don't give the platter a helping hand - I always do.

I replaced the bearing oil with the correct grade of oil somewhere between 5-10 years back & its been very lightly used since then. I think I have the small amount I kept somewhere - I’ll see if I can find it -tho it wasn't expensive.

Rega (Moth) RB250 arm seems perfect - no bearing issues I can feel. No cartridge fitted as I’m very average at doing that. If you want to come and see / have a listen - I’ll see what I can sort out or if you’re better than me you’re welcome to do it!

Cover is in good shape - usual swirls from cleaning, plus despite them not showing in the pics - there are some surface scratches on the top - approx half a dozen small marks - nothing is deep tho. I couldn’t photograph it well as the surface is very reflective. If you’re particular you might want to power tool polish the top to get rid of both the scratches & swirls.

Platter has one scratch on it and usual marks from the 3 pins on the sub platter.

Sub platter - good condition - no signs of play.

Mat - unsure if it's original and has a small edge stain.

Wooden (veneer) base has good sharp edges / corners and is in good condition for its age. No chips or missing veneer.

There's an area on rhs - you can see the veneer is a bit raised.

Some damage / marks to veneer on front and rear. Those on front are shallow - not sure I’d call them scratches. Bright light shows them much more clearly, but from across the room I cant see them.

Rear are a bit worse but as you cant see them I didn't do a close up.
-----------------------------------
Having real problems uploading pictures to IMGUR - been trying much of the day. If you want pics in meantime - let me have your email pls. Some of pics below -
----------------------------------
BAl6MrP.jpg

pmUx5Vz.jpg

qGNmLWJ.jpg
BGSM3lG.jpg

jBqhkO6.jpg

2eRCk6X.jpg

eE3urLN.jpg

Last edited:
Still having some probs - in meantime send me a msg with your email and I'll mail the rest of them to you

Last edited:
I've now installed a AT3600L starter cartridge, so as well as being able to demo the table it comes with that for the same price.

advertisement

Back