advertisement

Mac : Mavericks OSX

firestorm

pfm Member
I've just bought myself a MBA, I'm trying to procure a clean dmg copy of Mavericks - It was available for free on the Apple Apps store, but has since been displaced by Yosemite, which I have downloaded. I want to try the new OS, but want the option to rollback cleanly.

Any one on Snow Leopard / Mountain Lion can help me out ? I believe you can still obtain it through the store. Please PM. I don't want to use the less than "reputable sites" for this.

Cheers

btw I do have a MBA so no issues with licensing etc.

Unfortunately even a clean wipe of the drive will still only give you the option of yosemite if thats what was on there. The only way to get back to mavs is to create a USB stick installer.

I would not go back to Mavericks it offered nothing but bloat, pain and tedium.

Yosemite seems to be less of a burden than Mavericks was. It wasn't on day 1

But if you feel you really must.......

Thanks for your input gentleman. I would prefer to have the option to rollback - If things go well, then I won't have to. The point is, that I have the choice available to me.

I assume that you are already on Mavericks in which case buy a portable USB drive (they are cheap) and use Superduper or Carbon Copy to clone the existing disk. Check that you can boot from USB. In future if you want to roll back make a backup your data boot from the USB drive and clone back to the internal drive and copy back data.

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back