advertisement

Lyngdorf bake off: looking for visitors

Rob Sinden

Come to the shoot out in Newbury, Berkshire on Monday 12th Oct from 11.00 onwards

So far we have:-

-a £14k Lyndorf combo - CD1/TDAi2200 + RP/TDAi2200/BP1/BW1 - with option of M&K LCR950's for use with BW1 woofers

-the option of adding the Lyngdorf Millennium Mk v for a £22k combo

-Steinway Model D system - £130k

-Meridian/Shahinian Obelisk combo about £15k

- Dali Helicon 400's

Is anyone else in? There's plenty of parking and food will be provided throughout the day as well as free test discs to take away for comparision.
Can anyone bring Naim electronics for comparison?
What other kit can you bring?

Rob

Re: Meridian/Shahinian System

Sat 19th Sept too soon for me, and generally Saturdays are bad for me, can do any other days of the week though, with a little notice.

Is this a digital source only bake-off or would you welcome a vinyl front-end?

Would the listening room be the one with the plan shown on your website, or would you be using a different room?

There are several different spaces we can use. The fancy dem room is still new to me but it is very revealing of anything you use in there so it might be good for comparisons.
There's another area that is open backed on to a large room, with a high ceiling which would also be useful. I think the Shahinians would sound great in either of these areas.

I think on this occassion we should probably keep to digital sources or there will simply be too many variables. I have no suitable racks for a TT either.

I'd like to come along. if my snaits not sold by then I'll bring that and may bring the WB Arcs will see depends on size of transport as it's a 500 mile round trip

Sorry - too far I think (more than a six hour round journey - I'm interested, but not that interested).

No doubt I will hear it at some show -the DSP should be able to compensate for hotel room acoustics if it works as claimed.

Does Thursday 24th work for anyone other than Mr P?

If not suggest another day. Chris - when can you and Graham make it?

Rob,

I get back into the UK on Friday 25th.

We need to arrange a day when you can bring your toys to my house to compare again the Naim system.

if october then anytime after the 19th will be good. but more kit is needed. some bottles, naim, belcanto, linn, bryston, EC, ATC, AVi, NVA + all the other suspects. or is that called a hifi show! :)

some mctosh, exposure, MF KW and the new pre power, krell any more?!

advertisement

Back