advertisement

LP12 secure lid

asmith17

pfm Member
Would anyone have an ideas how to make the lid on a LP12 lockable or fully secure. I have an autistic son who is fascinated by the turntable and as you can imagine some potentially expensive fiddling with the cartridge is going to happen at some stage unless I make the turntable lid secure. I tried a few DIY solutions involving belts etc but they do not provide a fully secure solution. Currently I have the arm off it and tucked away safely which then means it’s a complete chore to go and listen to some albums. I know it’s a bit of a long shot but would anyone have come across anything suitable? Thanks.

Andy

You can get lids made up that cover the whole TT, so you could get one made that fixes to the shelf/table that the TT is on, maybe with some form of screw down bracket - try https://plasticonline.co.uk/.

A friend of mine who is autistic could break into the Bank of England if it had something that fascinated him inside, so it depends on how 'creative' he is!

Brilliant,hope you find one to do the job. Does that mean that officially I'm a genius.;) I'll tell the GF.

Quadraspire make or at least used to make some fully lockable HIFI cabinets, possibly not what you’re looking for but it is a properly secure solution.

Another solution may be a custom made lockable box, perhaps something made of ply with a lid on a piano hinge. It’ll mean that you can’t display your turntable but it will at least be safe.

advertisement

Back