advertisement

LP12 / Ittok mobile setup service?

Southgate

pfm Member
Thought this was worth an ask...

Any knowledgeable people, ex trade, experienced DIY etc, that would entertain the idea of setting up (maybe a light service too) my poor old turntable at my house?

I'm in Eastbourne, East Sussex and will happily pay cash for time, expenses etc... and make tea :)

Adam.

Mark and Derek of Tangerine do an excellent rebuild / service and set up.
Mark is a member here his user name is Gaius.
They came to my home and did an excellent job, highly recommended!

Hi, I live in Eastbourne also & got my 1981 lp12 serviced,set up & tinkered with by audio t in Brighton. John does a very good job & comes highly recommended on the linn forum! Cost wise was about £200. Also just had him fit a new motor as mine was noisy & a mk1 lingo with crossbrace all for £150 fitted!

Sorry to hijack the thread but is that the going rate for an LP12 service (£200)? Bought mine last year in anticipation of moving somewhere with the space to set it up (it's at my parents house along with all my vinyl at the moment & only gets used on occasion when I pay them a visit) and cos I'm unsure when it was last serviced and how much use it's seen since the oil was last changed, I'm guessing it's probably wise to get it serviced before pressing it into service on a daily basis...

LP12 / Hadcock 3 by tomeasterbrook1471, on Flickr

You can't go wrong with the Tangerine Audio boys they've been to my house several times and have always done an excellent job. Derek's the best so use his expertise.

Regards,

Martin

The £200 service included new oil,belt,felt mat,rubber grommets & a good clean as it hadn't been touched since the day it was made! It sounds fantastic now it's been lingoed & new motor!

£34 for a belt and mat!!!

£166 for wages, transport and knowledge sound pretty fair to me, but guess there will allways be moaners

Many would pay that amount or more getting their LP12 up to max, indeed you UK citizens are lucky as many living far out never buys LP12 due to setup issue

advertisement

Back