advertisement

Looking for a CD transport

I bought a CXC and had to return it to the retailer. My Denon DVD A1 was more together in all parameters - in fact the CXC gave me a headache - like I mentioned previously, it reminded me of my first CD player - Akai CD -D1 in 1984.I also have a Sony XA3000ES SACD player which also comfortably outperformed the CXC.

Intriguing, I’d like to hear a Denon A1 then. Can I ask what DAC you were/are using please?

I have decided to sell my mate my Cec tl51 and Audio Note 2.1x dac
I have decided to go down the dddac rout
Still looking for a transport but now it's for me
Looking to upgrade from a Cec tl51
Any suggestions for a good match for a dddac,or anything nice for sale
Thanks to everyone for the replies

If you're looking to rationalise/simplify, the CD5 in the current CEC range possibly offers the best bang for the buck. I've owned TL51XR (player) and TL51/DAC71 (transport/DAC) previously and the CD5 betters both to my ears.

CEC describe it as a 'USB Sound System' which is enough to cause Kevin to have a stroke, but it does a really good job of playing CDs. View the other stuff as a bonus.

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-572&lang=en

Yes,of course - it's a TEAC D-T1 - old but good. They sell for around £150 on ebay - again, another sleeper. One of these and a Denon DVD A1 used as a transport - total cost s/h for both around £400 -£450. Then you can laugh at all the plonkers on here spending mega money on inferior sounding (and inferior engineered) toytown crap.

Yes,of course - it's a TEAC D-T1 - old but good. They sell for around £150 on ebay - again, another sleeper. One of these and a Denon DVD A1 used as a transport - total cost s/h for both around £400 -£450. Then you can laugh at all the plonkers on here spending mega money on inferior sounding (and inferior engineered) toytown crap.

Right. That's us told. Good to know that so many of us have more money than sense. Next time I'm considering an upgrade I'll give you a shout ;-)

Sorry, I'm a new person on here - getting used to system.

Me too but I'd hope a long-standing member would give me a nudge if I came across so prickly.

:)

Serious question linked to the OP - how do transports change the sound of a bitstream entering a DAC?
Is it a jitter/timing issue or a little more 'black arts'?

Back to the OP's question. The Meridian 500 series CD players all have digital outputs and make great transports. There was a 500 dedicated transport, but the 506, 508, and 568 all work well. They have a nice chunky feel thanks to the glass top panel, the 3/4 size form factor, and the way the tray has the drive mechanism incorporated. Quite a few on the second hand market.

advertisement

Back