advertisement

Locking Banana Plugs - Fisual? Rembus?

The Chronicals

Disruptor
Anyone used either of these? The Fisual ones seem like Furutech copies, and Rembus I've never heard of, but look ok. They also do the fisual ones but at twice the price, which leads me to believe the Fisual Furutech style ones would be the better choice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0168JBJ56/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01L29H4JW/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Its to terminate my Townshend Isolda with plugs that actually fit in the speaker terminals...the crappy 1p a piece Townshend ones don't.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've got the Fisual ones - I got them because I wanted the angled cable entry. I like them. But I'm no banana plug aficionado.

I've got the Fisual ones - I got them because I wanted the angled cable entry. I like them. But I'm no banana plug aficionado.

Thats a good point, the Isolda is a bit difficult with its square ribbon, better check the angle entry will work - good shout, thanks, but the plugs are ok besides that?

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I’m a great believer in bare wiring if the speaker terminals are drilled across and have a clamping screw (even if they accept banana plugs as well). I slip a heat shrink sleeve over the end, leaving about 1/2 bare wire. The bare end can be tinned with solder if you like, though I don’t always bother.

They can be cleaned and reclamped occasionally, tightening the clamp cuts into fresh metal anyway, and even cut back by an inch and redone if you a really concerned about oxidation.

My view is it reduces two contact interfaces to one and saves money!

Thats a good point, the Isolda is a bit difficult with its square ribbon, better check the angle entry will work - good shout, thanks, but the plugs are ok besides that?

Yes they seem fine to me. Well made, easy to 'lock' and seem to be very secure, nothing not to like really. I've never used anything posher though, so can't compare to more expensive plugs.

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I’m a great believer in bare wiring if the speaker terminals are drilled across and have a clamping screw (even if they accept banana plugs as well). I slip a heat shrink sleeve over the end, leaving about 1/2 bare wire. The bare end can be tinned with solder if you like, though I don’t always bother.

They can be cleaned and reclamped occasionally, tightening the clamp cuts into fresh metal anyway, and even cut back by an inch and redone if you a really concerned about oxidation.

My view is it reduces two contact interfaces to one and saves money!

I'd agree with that! My dads feelings as well, sadly the Isolda cant be strung up that way without potentially causing damage.

Yes they seem fine to me. Well made, easy to 'lock' and seem to be very secure, nothing not to like really. I've never used anything posher though, so can't compare to more expensive plugs.

The Furutechs, are essentially the same plug, so I am merely curious over the quality aspect of them. Furutech quality is immense, if that relates to performance though, I don't know.

How does the locking work on these plugs?

I would be interested in getting a set for my Naim's.

The end has a twisting ratchet style thing which splays open the plug - in my crude understanding of it!

I have used both styles (different makes though) and found the Rembus types awkward to use. The sleeves tended to grind on the cross bars, and they were hard to hold still as the sleeve was turned. I now use Z plugs.

Thanks fellas, so its safe to say they are all pretty decent and theres no need to fork out on the expensive Furutech ones. I'll ponder which ones to go for, I like the idea of locking ones after having the standard townshend ones for years which you only have to breathe on and they fall out.

@le chat I've dropped you a PM before I order a set!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back