advertisement

Listening chair

How about the IKEA ÄLEBY? Comes with a matching otoman.

Any chair that uses the standard pneumatic office-chair support, like this, is going to have a limited life-span.

aeleby-swivel-armchair-gunnared-medium-grey-dark-grey__0580091_PE670048_S5.JPG

The Eames recliners are not very comfortable, I sat in a £4K official version & it just didn’t feel right at all.
Me too, looks classic, but not at all comfortable.

I rotate between a 2 and 2.5 seat sofa, but would like to get a solitary Stressless recliner.

1. Stressless recliner with footstool
2. Ikea Poang

Caveat: I use electrostatic speakers and so vertical positioning is critical. Few 'lounge' chairs have height adjustment, so you need to use tiltable stands, or legs to get the setup tuned in properly.

"My" chair is a chaise longue - very handy being "open" one side for reaching beer/glass of wine/coffee while lounging :)

Also relatively low seating position, so ok with my speakers, others may find them too low though.

The Eames recliners are not very comfortable, I sat in a £4K official version & it just didn’t feel right at all.
Meanwhile it is simply too small for our body length and mass. It is just a classic, which unfortunately has fallen out of time.

I have a Stressless and footstool which will be my go to when the stereo rig is able to be unpacked again.

I have a BD chair, stool and sofa, a bit like this but in leather, which are best described as a Finish version of a Stressless.

Last edited:
Meanwhile it is simply too small for our body length and mass. It is just a classic, which unfortunately has fallen out of time.

Interesting. Some friend have a rather beat-up original from the ‘60s and I found it comfortable enough. They don’t have the ottoman so I only got to try it as a chair.

I have got a Parker Knoll "Boston" manual recliner. it is not too tall and is fabric for minimal reflection.
Comfortable as well, I am 6' 1" and can easily listen for 4 or 5 hours in one go without back or neck ache.

Interesting. Some friend have a rather beat-up original from the ‘60s and I found it comfortable enough. They don’t have the ottoman so I only got to try it as a chair.
If we are talking about the same "Eames" for me this chair is simply not high enough. Both from the seat and the back. My COR is as expensive but gives a lot (!) more support ;-)
A little nap? No problem without getting a stiff neck. Just lean on the back (I am 185cm tall).
;-)

I’m a sloucher so a low seat is no issue for me. The problem I’d have is the springiness of the thing would mean I’d have to put it rather too far out in my (small) room to stop it hitting the back wall or radiator behind.

PS For clarity I’m talking about the Eames Lounge Chair.

Had 2*2 seater stresses sofas, 1 collapsed before a year was out and was repaired, then both sofas both sides collapsed in around 8 years . Neither stress less or the seller was interested although they were still under guarantee. Never again.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom