advertisement

linn sara mod

abes99

I have a linn sara and i want to go active .
what step to go,shall i leave the passive crossover or remove it,how?
thanks abes

thanks,i have once removed the first woofer and have a look inside,it will be hard work,but i think i have no choice,it`s a speaker that has been unused and the tweeter does not work .i`am doing the search

To convert saras to active there is no need to touch the drivers. I you remove the velcro from around the edge of the baffle and remove all the screws ,then before you pull out the whole baffle assembley feel through the rear label you will find a ring of hot glue covering a repair washer and an M5 tie rod from the baffle to the rear of the cabinet,remove that and pull the baffle.New velcro can be bought from wilmslow audio and the xovers are fixed to the baffle unless they are sara9s.

abes99--if you do this could you take pictures as you go? That would be very helpful.

I've got some pictures somewhere, but Hp1's instructions are spot on. The only thing I would add is that the M5 T-Nut (see below) is a sod to remove.

t-nutonly.jpg

There's probably a special tool for the job, but I drilled two 3mm holes in it and used long-nosed pliers to remove it.

Regards,

Mus

On the ones that I have done there are no tee nuts, the baffle is plastic with brass thread inserts and the rear panel has a repair washer in a recess to spread the load.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom