advertisement

LINN SARA / Isobarik AMP ? CLASS A or NOT ?

I'm running my early Saras through a Olive 250 hi-cap and a 112 pre-.... The Saras need a more powerful amp than a 250 they seem to struggle and with any kind of decent volume they sound bloody terrible... I have got a pair of epos 14 and they sound far better than my Saras

That's interesting. I'm using Saras with a 202/CB 250 (with some PFM modifications to a few caps and Kendeil Smoothing caps) and they sound terrific. But when run with a newer 250 they didn't sound great. I wonder if there is something about the CB250 that makes it a particularly good match for the Sara (or maybe the modifications get rid of some of the nastier parts of the 250?).

Early sara (ie not sara9) are actually 2 x 2 way systems connected together in parallel , its this that makes them a heavy load on the amp , they dip to 2.6 ohm.

If one was to part the xovers and run them passive with one amp each for each of the 2 systems they would be alot clearer sounding .

Heya mate

Could you explain how to configure this setup? How many amps do I need and which goes where . Tnx

A friend have sara in active mode (Naim), he found isobarik, and will go also to active amplification. Not sure that Classe A or not is the good question !

advertisement

Back