advertisement

Linn LP12

Handled by a ham fisted painter, now covered in expanded poly beads wrenched from the packing.

With that arm and cart, max a grand less than the asking.

I doubt it was never used. It might have been put away and not used for a long time.

The seller certainly needs to take some better pictures of it but I could see it at over £2K if it is a later non fluted plinth, so maybe not as overpriced as some believe.

I doubt it was never used. It might have been put away and not used for a long time.

The seller certainly needs to take some better pictures of it but I could see it at over £2K if it is a later non fluted plinth, so maybe not as overpriced as some believe.
That looks like an early Akito arm that should date it.

I think there's a hint of brass showing in the yoke so Akito/2b? Awful photograph though. TT itself looks to be about 2000 vintage. Also might be a wide box lingo but again Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

To be fair to the seller, he mentions the items belonged to his recently deceased brother. Therefore probably not sure what he is actually selling. Can't be an easy task.

It's an early to mid noughties deck (2000-2006ish) give or take and is close to what became the Accurate spec not long after that.

Spec is LP12 Cirkus, non fluted walnut
Akito 2
Adikt
Lingo 3

It just lacks a Krystal instead of the Adikt for it to be Accurate spec that would have been current only a few years ago. In any case it looks to be absolutely mint condition as has clearly spent most, if not all, if its time in the box. Given that a Majik LP12 is about 4K these days I don't think the auction starting price of 2.5K is at all unreasonable. 10 year old Majik decks can fetch close to that price. It would fetch that parted out.

It must be nearer to mid noughties since I had one which was early noughties, just post serial numbering system change and my serial numbers were around 600000.

General consensus seems to be around £2000ish, thanks....this one's not for me at the moment, but trying to learn a little more, what would be the logical upgrade here, the cartridge?

Was thinking of trying to get an akurate spec deck, perhaps without the latest pricing, they seem to be 5-6k secondhand

advertisement

Back