advertisement

[FS] Linn Kan MK1 Teak - Lovely condition but possible fault

Goldenmouse

pfm Member
Bought these on here last August (£300 delivered) - they were delivered in person so no issue with courier damage.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/sold-linn-kan-mk1-in-afromosia-teak.270874/

Cabinets are in Teak (Afromosia) and are in really good condition. Bottoms have usual spike marks.

From day one most albums play with no apparent issues, and they sound great, but some I’ve tried can give off a kind of flappy farty noise when the bass dynamics get too much for them. The previous owner insisted he never had this issue.

It's bloody annoying as most stuff is fine, and even things that I think will cause the issue (Yello, Madonna etc) play fine yet other tracks that I wouldn't expect to be a problem do have issues.

As a good example the opening to the album Faith by The Cure causes the issue. Maybe my Tact Millennium amp is pushing them past their comfort zone?

They were only bought as a 'Sunday driver' type speaker to be used on special occasions and they are stored upside down when not in use and this does seem to have helped a bit.

I’ve searched the web and lots of threads on here and the cause could be perishing of the rubber surround/gasket or maybe the suspension. Plenty of threads suggest opening them up and turning the bass driver through 180 degrees.

I am not willing to attempt this as I have no technical skills and the Mk1 Kans are notoriously difficult to open up and repair as they were sealed with tar.

These are for collection only so if you want to come and listen first that’s fine - I’m at NN6 8EH.

Asking £150

Last edited:

advertisement

Back