advertisement

Linear PSU for NAS & Router

Morning HD, it's been in/on for about 18 hours now and this morning listening to 'Dotan - 7 layers' an album I'm very familiar with, It's sounds slightly better than the import/eBay purchase.
I'd say a touch more macro transients in the layers and details, and little more warmth in the mids/vocals........Now please don't let this be of any use to you, I'm lirterally hearing things no one else is, or possible could.... ;-)

I love the way it seems to be common knowledge that a mains filter extension block type device degrades a HiFi's dynamics and sound, yet we're constantly being told that different power supplies and mains products cannot possibly alter the sound.

Simple
Please tell me what you know about me to make that assumption?
Or have you tested enough instrument panels to become a physic?
. You didn't perform the comparison blind with short intervals in between. You refuse to recognise the issue of bias.

So again, tell me what you think you may know about my amp and its internal DAC's?

Please do tell what your system consists of?
I know that you have said its performance is negatively affected by your Nas psu. That's not a good amp dac in that case is it?

My system consists of 3 way fully active dsp speakers of my own design. Phase linear time aligned with Hypex amps. 4 B&W subs. Fed by a Motu 8a dac. Dsp xo and linearization performed by Acourate software on a 32 core xeon server running Roon. The listening room is extensively acoustically treated.

43094141060_5b80f28141_b.jpg

44186127784_96fcb0974d_b.jpg

43094140630_5ca5f15fe6_b.jpg

So is it CE approved ?

Sorry but you’re still talking out your ass, you haven’t a clue about my system or even a clue about the PSUs I’m using - you’re opinion is pointless and completely ignorant.

I use CE approved electrical/electronic equipment every day in work and some of it is a disgrace and dangerous. I assume manufacturers supply a ‘perfect’ sample to the regulatory authorities and then make pure rubbish in some cases thereafter.

So is it CE approved ?

Sorry but you’re still talking out your ass, you haven’t a clue about my system or even a clue about the PSUs I’m using - you’re opinion is pointless and completely ignorant.

Yes. The hypex modules are indeed properly tested and double insulated compliant and marked.

Im happy to let others decide which one of us is ignorant about electronics, audio and the issues of bias and uncontrolled listening tests.

Yes it is CE self-certified. BUT. You must keep a design file to show how you arrived at the certification, to authorities that might take an interest. You have to take account of a number of directives that have been translated into local national laws. You may well have send stuff off to a lab for some of the work - small companies are not expected to have full testing facilities.
The main one relevent to this discussion would be the Low Voltage Directive - although others will apply too. BTW low voltage coves kit supplied with up to 1000V of power supply - so not really 'low'!
This might cover a lot of hi-fi related kit: https://www.conformance.co.uk/adirectives/doku.php?id=lowvoltage

Im happy to let others decide which one of us is ignorant about electronics, audio and the issues of bias and uncontrolled listening tests.

You mean the pathetic dozen who lord it with the objective bollox they always come to every thread with, please give yourself a pat on the back for being a sucker.... you still haven’t a clue. Same old BS.

Who is the sucker? I'm not the one who has paid money for a psu which;
A. Does nothing beneficial, or if it does
B. Proves his dac amp is significantly negatively affected by surrounding kit when it would not be if it were a good design.

So did you imagine it, or is your dac crap? ;)

So you think that issues of bias are bullshit? Please explain why so.

Last edited:
CE certification of kit:

I have just realised something that has not occurred to me before. Low Voltage Directive applies to kit supplied by 50V to 1000V AC (or 75V to 1500V DC). This means that a 12V DAC for instance, powered by an external wall wart or brick does not need certifying - only the mains PSU does - which of course in many cases is bought in, already certified!

Who is the sucker? I'm not the one who has paid money for a psu which;
A. Does nothing beneficial, or if it does
B. Proves his dac amp is significantly negatively affected surrounding kit when it would not be if it were a good design.

So did you imagine it, or is your dac crap? ;)

So you think that issues of bias are bullshit? Please explain why so.

You just can’t get past your own delusions and expectations of what you don’t know or think you should know, can you?

You call a piece of equipment crap that I doubt you’ve know about before this thread, never mind even seen or heard for real. Who are you saying has biased opinions?

Same shit, different shovel, get over yourself.

You just can’t get past your own delusions and expectations of what you don’t know or think you should know, can you?

You call a piece of equipment crap that I doubt you’ve know about before this thread, never mind even seen or heard for real. Who are you saying has biased opinions?

Same shit, different shovel, get over yourself.

I hate to point this out, but it is YOU who is saying your dac gets screwed up by your Nas psu. Not me, you. It's your opinion, your comment, your problem.

I hate to point this out, but it is YOU who is saying your dac gets screwed up by your Nas psu. Not me, you. It's your opinion, your comment, your problem.

Wrong - i said the NAS improves with a better PSU (I'm not the only one to experience this result BTW) Do you understand the difference? Do you suffer from cognitive learning difficulties?

Yes, but you don’t listen to the NAS you listen to the dac, so it is the dac which is improved which implies that the DACs filtration/regulation isn’t well designed.
The units I have tested here have not been improved with a change of power supply.
Keith

advertisement

Back