advertisement

Let’s hear it for Rega gear

Wow your Amp and Speakers must be really shitty sounding if the Saturn sounded bright and screechy

They are any but “shitty” sounding with a much better CDP like a Cambridge Audio CD2.

Last edited:
UK does make other Tonearms
WB , Origin Live , Avid , Vertere , Edwards , SME , Hadcock , Suptratek , AO
Wilson-Benesch-GMT-ONE-SYSTEM-description.jpg
I'd just like to clarify one thing about your posts. You're a dealer, aren't you? And you don't stock Rega, and in fact do stock competing brands. Shouldn't you perhaps be a little more transparent about this?

I'd just like to clarify one thing about your posts. You're a dealer, aren't you? And you don't stock Rega, and in fact do stock competing brands. Shouldn't you perhaps be a little more transparent about this?
I don't think one can expect someone who so obviously thinks that attempting to pass off copy/paste 'marketing' posts as 'discussion', whilst refusing to pay for a trade account on here, to understand the concept of transparency.

Dealer - Yes
Stock rega - No
Own a rega Yes P10

Dealer - Yes
Stock rega - No
Own a rega Yes P10
Dealer - Yes
That's as maybe, but one who refuses to pay for a trade account here on pfm, despite spamming threads with adverts for product that he supposedly stocks.​
Stock Rega - No
But enjoys spamming any and all Rega turntable threads with photos of garish Pro-Ject tat that he supposedly sells.​
Own a Rega - Yes, P10.
One really has to ask, why? Perhaps he secretly loves Rega, but they turned his basement operation down for inclusion in their dealer network.​

What a shower of shit thread the rega boys high fiving ,the naim nentalists claiming the french lot win. Stick to chinese shit.

I would think that's about as likely as them entering the mobile phone market.

Still, maybe I should search for 'hat recipes' later, just in case.
Indeed, I asked them more or less the same question at the last HiFi show i attended in 2020 and they said, they were strictly an analog HiFi company.

Indeed, I asked them more or less the same question at the last HiFi show i attended in 2020 and they said, they were strictly an analog HiFi company.
Perhaps aspirationally, however, the actual products say otherwise, vis-a-vie 3 x CD players, and 2 x integrated amps with 'Rega DAC circuit' within.

For a while I used a Rega DACr fed from a Naim Core via a Belden 4694r cable and it was way more enjoyable than its price might suggest it should be. Recently I’ve got round to trying a Denon 103 on my Korf and it reminded me of the DAC in some ways cutting to the music in a way that made the hifi cosmetics less important. I wish I still had it as my ND555’s packed up and due to a move abroad I’m having trouble getting it repaired through a dealer network I’ve never purchased from.

Yeah I had read this before which is a shame. I have the dac r which is the same as the Saturn dac and both sound very good. They could always go the Cyrus route and license Blu Sound architecture and app, merge with their own dac technology and then would have a streamer to match their look. I've got boxes from various brands and now I am just looking for something simpler, one or two boxes which look like they are part of the same system. If rega did a nice streamer and integrated amp to match I would be first in line.

Just saw this thread and the discussion in the last posts… oh my… Rega vs Naim?!…
I have both and like them very much, as they are in my “not to sell” part of the system.
Never felt the need of doing comparisons in any kind.
For example, I could do a blind test between the Rega Saturn and the Naim CD5X, but then what would be the point?

Currently, I feel more connected with the Rega direction and less with the sophisticated and expensive Naim. One thing I like in previous Naim gear is the simplicity of the design and the minimalistic features.

Last edited:
and less with the sophisticated and expensive Naim. One thing I like in previous Naim gear is the simplicity of the design
I had a full Naim setup up until recently - as I liked performance very well, I realised they might not be able to support the CD player.

Thats a real pity as it was not cheap, in fact electronics in this price category should be supported for a reasonable future period.
Its simply a matter of investing extra stock of parts, before items are being discontinued please.

Kudos to Rega for doing this what Naim/Focal don't.
Needless to say my CD source is now a Rega.

I have the dac r which is the same as the Saturn dac and both sound very good.
I could very well see Rega release a streamer with no DAC inside.

As far as I know there's few of these in the affordable department, well below $/€1000.
Rega have build-in DACS in many of their new amp range.

My little ifi BT are much better when output goes via my Rega DAC/R which I love to bits.
Not sure if a Wiim Pro would be even better - I do appreciate this price range, but not aware of any affordable serious streamer without DAC ?

There's certainly room for a Rega solution, they would sell like hotcakes.

advertisement

Back