advertisement

Leon Brittan

There would seem to be little doubt that Cyril Smith carried out serious sexual offenses against children. There is also credible testimony from at least one newspaper editor that he was visited by the boys in blue and told to drop the story on grounds of national security. If someone as peripheral as Smith could attract that degree of protection then a cabinet minister could expect considerably more.

BTW, which constituency was Ampleforth in during the 80s?

Now if we only were all forced to carry ID cards that tracked our location 24/7 and the records were held forever and an alert was created if you ever come within five feet of someone under 16 (or 18 if you are a teacher or in a similar loco parentis care role) which is investigated by special constables recruited from the neighbourhood watch and the Whitehouse Memorial Decency Foundation then all of this uncertainty could be avoided. And the only reason you could have for being against this idea is if you have something to hide and are a sick paedo yourself, in which case we get to stone you to death right now.

I had a house in Ampleforth from the early 80s for about 20 years. It is in Ryedale constituency. John Spence was MP until 1986 then Elizabeth Shields.

The I today states that he was charged with attempted rape in1967, he was questioned last year under caution but there was not enough evidence to proceed , but strangely the Police are now reviewing the case
and was named by Private Eye in June 1984 after a unnamed cabinet minister was linked to a unspecified sex scandal. :rolleyes:
He was a slimy toe rag who supported a even more slimy toe rag. Both should not be celebrated or missed. On his good side he did at least sh-t on Heseltine during the Westlands affair so may be he wasn't all bad. No I've got that wrong, he was just a total slimy Sh-t to all.
oldie

So chaps, to sum up. If you ever happen to find yourself appointed as Home Secretary, whatever you do, don't piss off MI5 and don't even think about being a Lithuanian Jew.

The I today states that he was charged with attempted rape in1967, he was questioned last year under caution but there was not enough evidence to proceed , but strangely the Police are now reviewing the case

So they're going to put his corpse on trial?

So chaps, to sum up. If you ever happen to find yourself appointed as Home Secretary, whatever you do, don't piss off MI5 and don't even think about being a Lithuanian Jew.
Oh yeah because being able to get away with serious crimes and going unpunished for 30 years, and the truth only coming out after your death is a real deterrent, isn't it? I bet old Jimmy Saville is really sorry now, after all.

As opposed to what? If he'd really pissed off the powers that be then they'd have nailed him when he was alive and he'd have finished his days sharing a cell with Big Jim The Buggerer.

advertisement

Back