advertisement

Leak Delta Turntable (Lenco L75) - Arm query

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
I've just been given one of the above and want to fix it up for a friend of mine.

It needs a good dust and polish, but is complete. However, the headshell leans to one side, this seems to be a nearing prob. Is rebuilding the bearings something I can tackle myself? Failing that, would it be worth, if it's at all possible, bunging an RB250 or some such on it?

cheers

Simon

Simon

I had a Lenco - the bearings are little rubber blocks which are easily replaced. I got mine from Technical and General for a few quid. they can be found here:
PO Box 53, Crowborough, Sussex TN 6 2BY, UK Tel. +44 (0) 1892 654534

Give them a call, they know a lot about lencos and keep quite a few spares (at least, they did a few years ago).

Cheers

Martin

Simon,

Can I suggest that you also have a look here: http://www.lenco-lovers.com/

Plenty of tips on arm mods/replacement. If you friend wants to keep the Lenco as standard as possible then replacing the arm bearings is a good move.

you have there one of the best turntables ever made set up with a decidedly not very good arm on a not very good plinth. The first thing to do is put something like a Rega RB300 (rewired with twl's hi fi mod) on it and hear it sing. then a new constrained layer plinth ( that's layers of mdf and plywood to you and me) and then you have a setup that will take many thousands of pounds to beat. For more fun and games, try building cheap turntable at home destpot thread on audiogon. :cool:

Thank you all again. I'll keep it stock, change the bearings and possibly the arm wire - if my mate'll pay for this. The RB250 upgrade looks too much of a faff.

advertisement

Back