advertisement

LCD protector thingies - yay or nay?

JTC

PFM Villager...
I've not used them in the past, and been lucky - no significant marks or scratches on any LCDs on my cameras, but I'm thinking about adding a protector for the T2 (when it comes).

I just wanted to see who uses them and who doesn't, and whether anyone has any recommendations for the type to go for (for the T2 - I assume the T2's LCD is the same size as that of the T1?). I don't want to buy crap, but knowing what is and what isn't crap (on Amazon, say) is tricky.

Yep, another vote for the Expert Shield ones.

Toughest decision is whether to go for the anti-glare or the crystal clear version.

I've never used one, and have at least one camera screen with a small scratch, but to tell you the truth, it doesn't bother me - scratches on the other end (the lens) would though, and I use either filters or hoods to reduce the risk of this.

+ 1 Expert Shield.

Had one on my T1 with no issues. Popped the new T2 one on and er, messed up a bit with a couple of dust bunnies. Knowing it was my own fault, I ordered another one, Expert Shield dropped me a line to say, slight delay with stocks, which wasn't an issue as I had one on that I messed up.

I made a light hearted comment about me messing up, and they said we will refund you, life time guarantee, which they did and will send a new one FOC :)

Still to receive the new one but I knew it was a delay, so no probs.

Great service all round. This was dealing with them direct. Very quick service also. Highly recommended !

I use the Swido anti reflective. Easy to fit (they include 2 in the pack just incase) and never had any problems on any of the cameras i've fitted them to. My X-T1 protector is still doing a great job 2 years later.

advertisement

Back