advertisement

Kurt Elling CD Problem

mjkelshaw

pfm Member
A day or so ago after listening to a track on an LP by Mark Murphy, I attempted to play the same song, 'Ballad of the Sad Young Men' which was listed on one of my Kurt Elling CD's, thinking that I would like to listen to his version.
I attempted to play the CD entitled "Close Your Eyes' on my Meridian 506, but at the first attempt, the CD began with 'Track 2' indicated and finished with "Close Your Eyes", which was listed on the CD box as 'Track 1'. On the second attempt the CD wouldn't play at all, the machine just displaying an 'Err' message.
I then attempted to play it on my other system, which includes a Meridian 200/203, and this just resulted in an 'Err' message being displayed.
Both machines worked without fault on other CD's which I subsequently tried, would anyone know if this particular CD (CDP 7243 8 30645 2 6) is known to be problematic?

Regards

Mike Kelshaw

Haven't got a clue what's wrong with your CD, but one thing I do know is that Kurt Elling's latest CD with Branford Marsalis, Upward Spiral, is absolutely superb.

I've had this same problem with a different player and with different cd's. I usually copy the cd and then play it with no problems.

I realise that this doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with your Meridian, but its not an unknown problem.

Haven't got a clue what's wrong with your CD, but one thing I do know is that Kurt Elling's latest CD with Branford Marsalis, Upward Spiral, is absolutely superb.

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll add it to my ever growing 'play list'.

I've had this same problem with a different player and with different cd's. I usually copy the cd and then play it with no problems.
I realise that this doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with your Meridian, but its not an unknown problem.

Given that other assorted CD's play without problems on both Meridian machines, I think it's a problem with this particular disc.

However, "Thank You" for your replies.

Regards

Mike Kelshaw

advertisement

Back