advertisement

Jolida DAC Any UK suppliers

jp55

pfm Member
Hi I'm interested in giving the Glass FX Tube DAC III W a demo.
Does anyone know any UK suppliers.

I've emailed Jolida direct but just too impatient :)

Also would welcome any views from Jolida DAC owners.

Jack at BD Audio told me they aren't imported any more.
But still available through the US, subject to the normal shipping and customs charges, would make them pretty expensive.

Over on the Wam, Rob "open door" of Aired Audio in Gloucester was a Jolida dealer & BD Audio used to either sell them or Mod them I think. Not sure if Aired Audio are still trading, but it may be worth contacting Rob to get a definite answer.
I've been using a Jolida glass mkIII for a while now. I've rolled some different valves in but haven't done any other mods to it. There are quite a few people who have had caps etc upgraded & are very keen on the results. I'm really happy with the DAC & much prefer it to the Young DAC I previously used. Nice soundstage, natural presentation, ie not forced or overblown in any one area. I can't really see me changing it for quite a while, it just does everything I want. I have a good mate who uses a Weiss DAC which is a whole load more £££ but when I come back to my system, I can't really say that I feel I'm missing out on much in comparison. I reckon the MkIII DAC is an absolute bargain.
There are a few threads on the Wam about it if you want to read a bit more.
Definitely worth getting hold of one, I'd say.
Matt.

I think Rob "open door" of Aired Audio in Gloucester was a Jolida dealer.
He may well have been the main or sole distributor. But since his website is offline and there was mention of the 'importer' going out of business, I drew my own conclusion.

Thanks for replies everyone.
Who are RFC? Reference Fidelity Components ?

Got mine (an FX II) from Rob at Aired Audio - he was importing them. He made various cap upgrades to it - I think it's excellent (but have not done much to compare it to other DACs).

I've probably got his number if you want to PM me.

Cheers. Bill

That's a shame about Aired audio. I bought my Jolida from Rob & found him to be a great guy to deal with, very friendly & customer focussed. The dac itself is also a great product but may be only on the 2nd hand market now unless another UK importer is found, sadly.
Matt.

I wrote something on A0S a while back comparing the Jolida to a (now no more) Lampizator level 3.

I really liked the Jolida - I didn't like the cheap looking casework much but sonically for the cash it is excellent in my opinion. It is certainly (IMO) sonically a notch above the Raspberry Pi-Q DAC fad that has hit that forum. More expensive though.

I got a reply from Jolida in USA, to my requests for any dealers in the UK, Germany or the EU. They confirmed they don't have a UK dealer but I could buy direct from them, ( no mention of prices shipping or potential customs fees.)
They did gave me details of a supposed dealer in Italy. Nothing about one in Germany.
So I fired off an email to Italy. 3 days on I've had no response whatsoever, even though I translated my request. However their website didn't even mention Jolida as a brand they stock. So yet again yet another dealer lost, it seems.

So it does look like USA or nothing.

Pretty poor effort from Jolida I thought,and think with this potential level of non service, I'll look elsewhere.

If I was in your shoes, I'd look elsewhere as well.
It is a shame though, as the DAC is actually extremely good.
Best of luck finding an alternative.
Matt.

advertisement

Back