advertisement

Is this the most beautiful amp......

_tmp_php1xna7z_magic8ball1.jpg

It looks like one of those ghastly Richard Mille watches
RM watches are WAAAAY fugglier than this amp and come with genuine plastic bracelets.
Like MIT's latest $100k speaker wires, people who are willing to spend that much to get so little deserve to be conned.

No, this integrated amp reminds me of a fairly skilled Meccano project, while the RM watches look like something that came free in a cereal box.

Hell, no. To my eyes, the most beautiful (integrated) amplifier is ...

unnamed_2.jpg

Svelte, symmetrical, functional and dangerously sharp-edged. Cotton gloves provided.

The current series of 2- channel Yamaha analog only integrated amps have very classy retro 1970s ' silver faced' looks and huge analog VU meters.

I do remember bring captivated by the late 70s Lentek integrated amp, that now looks like an improved Audiolab design. But back then it was visually arresting. Well apart from the ultra tacky Union Jack emblem.
s-l1200.webp

For me the ”problem” in the Rose’s design is only the logo on the knob and perhaps the mechanism behind it. It is too toyish…
The rest is very nice…
The new line of streamers get the logo or Rose, engraved on the top cover, and once again I find things like that too bling-bling.

advertisement

Back