advertisement

Is this a tad naughty

G

Guest432

Was just looking around for prices of a Rega rp6 and noticed this from Analogue Seduction:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=390621488627

Thought it was a good deal until I noticed there was no cartridge, dug a bit deeper and

New RP6 (perfect condition) £798 - Rega Exact cart £255 = £543

They are selling a B grade table for more than a brand new one minus the cart. Thought it may be a mistake until I saw they have done the same with B grade RP3' and there are multiple auctions for each.

Is Analogue Seduction well respected with buyers?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Was just looking around for prices of a Rega rp6 and noticed this from Analogue Seduction:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=390621488627

Thought it was a good deal until I noticed there was no cartridge, dug a bit deeper and

New RP6 (perfect condition) £798 - Rega Exact cart £255 = £543

They are selling a B grade table for more than a brand new one minus the cart. Thought it may be a mistake until I saw they have done the same with B grade RP3' and there are multiple auctions for each.

Is Analogue Seduction well respected with buyers?

B-stock eh!!!!

Is that from the factory, other dealers or customer returns?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Ah, my mistake the £798 price is also minus a cartridge so it's actually quite a good deal.

Think I may order one now.

I actually got a mate to drive me up there from London once, really friendly and passionate about what they do.

I would never buy anything from the Analogue Seduction ebay/online shop. They do stock brands I'm interested in, and many times I've been tempted to buy from them, however their prices are consistently higher (sometimes a lot higher) than anywhere else. No point really, there are other 3/4 established British sellers who do similar brands and have much better offers.

I regularly buy from their ebay store and have always received fantastic service, a good price and quick, cheap and safe delivery to Thailand.

I would never buy anything from the Analogue Seduction ebay/online shop. They do stock brands I'm interested in, and many times I've been tempted to buy from them, however their prices are consistently higher (sometimes a lot higher) than anywhere else. No point really, there are other 3/4 established British sellers who do similar brands and have much better offers.

For that reason Gary has a very good relationship with his suppliers/manufacturers as he tends to keep his goods close to the rrp. True, he cant/wont compete with the box shifters but the aftersales service is excellent and any problems ive had in the past are quickly resolved.

I doubt this rates highly on your list however, if price is your only concern.

I've bought from Analogue Seduction twice - initially to spend £1k on a TT and associated gubbins, then a year or so later another £2k to upgrade the aforementioned gubbins. Then I had a problem with the deck itself (an Avid, badly designed), and decided to replace it. Unfortunately Gary didn't seem too interested in speaking with me, discussing my options etc. (with a guaranteed £1k or so sale in a month or so), which left me feeling a little put out. I'd be more understanding if we were talking about CD players which are easy to demo, but with the hassle of setting up multiple TTs, I would have expected more engagement (which I received on previous occasions).

In the end I went to Walrus in London, and was very happy to be sold a Gyro SE by them.

Ordered the TT from them yesterday and it's arriving tomorrow. Gave them a call and they were very helpful and confirmed I'll need a spacer for my DV cartridge.

advertisement

Back