advertisement

Is there anyone in the UK that services Carver Amps?

norriemal

Hertz and Minds
I have a Carver PM 1.5 and although it is working I would like to get it looked at and serviced to keep it going. I have found out enough to know that it is a bit of a weird one and I am looking for someone who has experience with the unusual design.

If anyone has had similar and can point me in the right direction it would help me out.

I have a pal with a fleet of Carver amps, he has a tame technician who has done lots of them. None are beyond the wit of man.

It's good to know there is somebody who works on them regularly as the only stuff I can find on the PM1.5 are a few nightmare stories. Do you know where the tame technician is or even better have a phone number?

It's good to know there is somebody who works on them regularly as the only stuff I can find on the PM1.5 are a few nightmare stories. Do you know where the tame technician is or even better have a phone number?
I'll have a word. The tech likes to keep himself to himself and certainly doesn't give his number to just anyone. Are you prepared to deliver and collect from Lincoln?

I would contact Jez Arkless (Arkless Electronics, on this forum) if I were you.
He has done loads of work for me, and all of it impeccable. Not much he doesn't know - blindfolded - about amps.
ML

Thanks for your replies. I am based in Cardiff and Lincoln is possible but Northumberland may be a stretch too far. There are lots of songs about the pitfalls of Scots venturing into Northumberland and encountering fair maidens. Never seem to end well.

I'm certainly no fair lady, but I can't say Northumberland without growling some of Dick Gaughan's Fair Flower of Northumberland. Funny how words and music get tied together in your brain.

advertisement

Back