advertisement

iPhone or Fuji XT-1?

Yeah it's interesting in what it covers and shows the limitations, but also strengths, of the iPhone. The Fujifilm X-T1 looks like a great camera.

Jack

Tony,

I've beamed the thread over to the photo room.

Joe

I see huge differences in quality. All iphones i've had have produced an awful haze until the 6S which is pretty good but for me still only suitable for the odd snapshot.

I've found the biggest problem with smartphone photography (for me) isn't the end-result, which is infinitely better than no picture at all (as would be the case when I don't have a normal camera), but that invariably I cannot see what the hell it is I'm taking a photo of in bright light! Oh, for a proper viewfinder....

I found the biggest problem with smartphone photography to be responsiveness / shutter lag. The time take. To load the camera, focus and take the shot often means the moment is missed. This is counter to the whole point of smartphone photography (for me) which is to capture spontaneous moments.

All that said, I still like using my iPhone :)

I use my Samsung (Android) phone for clinical photography, as I can just hold it up to the eyepiece of my microscope and the tiny lens, tiny sensor and huge depth of field do the rest for me.

27841L by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

I cannot hold a smart phone still while looking at the image on the screen. I need to have boy of the camera very adjacent to my nose and cheek to minimise movement.

I use the smart phone to photograph labels or ISBN numbers in shops for quick reference
ie use and trash images

advertisement

Back