advertisement

Hypex NC***P based amp group purchase

Hi all, sorry I've been away for a cheeky couple of weeks! Didn't take any form of communication with the outside world, just me and my wife/kids. It was lovely but now I have an awful lot of catching up to do!!

Some of you asked via PM if there was a phono option rather than the XLR, unfortunately not, sorry. All Hypex amps are balanced so the XLR tends to be the choice for case manufacturers like Ghent. It's an easy DIY hack though I'd be willing to post a description of along with a part list to get the right connector if you absolutely must have phono. However by far the best thing (from and engineering perspective at least) would be to have a phono to XLR cable as that way you get at least some advantage from the shielding.

At these prices I'm presuming plus delivery šŸšš šŸ˜€
Yes, should be about Ā£8.49 with UPS, if you are close enough to Warwickshire you are free to collect if you want, I am just off J12 M40

Could you give dimensions of the cases, both mono and stereo please

External size for stereo NC122, NC252 and mono NC250, NC500: 200mm(W) x 78mm(H) x 191mm(D)

External size for stereo NC502: 200mm(W) x 78mm(H) x 326mm(D)

Are these adaptable to US mains or only 220?

The power supply in them auto senses 230/110 VAC mains. You just need a normal kettle (IEC) type lead for the amp end and whatever outlet type plug you have in your country the other.

OK everyone, having done a stock check and taking into account what I have assigned to other builds outside of this offer, I have no more 252 modules as it turns out. I have 20 x 122, 5 x 502 and 7 x mono 500 modules left. I'll Change the OP to reflect that. If you want one just pop a one line post below stating something like.

Stefan - NC122MP

I will maintain a list over the next week or so and then we can order however many cases it is that I need.

Stefan

Hope everyone had a good weekend? I'm adding you guys to the list below and will keep it updated as other add the selves. To make this work I really need to convert some of you folk who wanted NC252 to NC122 - still plenty enough power for most applications. Ghent also do boxes that can take more than one module so if some of you wanted to used 4 x NC500 mono modules or 2 x NC122 modules for active or multi channel applications, that is doable to. Let me know.

@Manimal - NC122
@Puggie - NC122
@j_s - 2 NC502
@mikeharris123 - NC502 - preferably in one box.
@ged999 - NC 502

Last edited:
OK, so nobody else looks to be interested. I will see if I can find some interested parties over on ASR for the 122 modules over the next few days, if not, I will just move on and soft out those of you who have got your name down so far.

Stefan

advertisement

Back