advertisement

Hypex NC***P based amp group purchase

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd.
Hi all, its been a little while since I was on here, I used to hang around on the DIY page a lot. In fact it was that page that spurned me on to set up KJF audio which has been pretty good to me. Unfortunately running my own business meant I had less time to frequent the DIY pages here :(

Since running KJF audio I have designed and built several amps that have used the Hypex mains powered Ncore modules to great effect, the MA-01 multi channel and then the SA-01 stereo/mono amps were well received and reviewed at the time. I have discontinued those amps now but find myself with several of the NC***MP modules left in stock. Buying more of the cases I used for the small amount of modules I have left isn't really an option and selling the modules to DIYers is not an option as it breaches my AUP as distributor for Hypex in the UK as they are OEM only modules. I can however build them into amps and sell them on. I am prepared to build some amps using the highly respected Ghent cases basically as close to cost as possible. It allows me to recoup some of the money I have tied up in the modules and also get some VERY good amps out there for peanuts, hopefully for the good of the community.

The amps would be no bells or whistles, they wouldn't have triggers like my SA-01 did, they wouldn't have clip detection, DC detection etc. However the Ghent cases are really very nice, they are the same case the Sound Imports use for their own NC***MP based amps that you can see here - I have built several amps for customers using Ghent cases and they really are excellent quality. These group buy prices are much cheaper than the Sound Imports ones, there are MUCH more expensive amps out there with these modules in them so these are a bit of a bargain.

I need to sell about 10 of these in total to make it work and would invoice you through KJF audio. If anyone is interested then please do leave a comment or message with which amp you would like and any questions you have. The list below show what I have left.

Ghent also do boxes that can take more than one module so if some of you wanted to used 4 x NC500 mono modules or 2 x NC122 modules for active or multi channel applications, that is doable to. Let me know.

Stereo amps

20 x NC122MP - £269.95 plus VAT
5 x NC502 MP - £441.15 plus VAT

Mono amps

4 x NC250MP- £249.95 plus VAT
7 x NC500MP- £299.95 plus VAT

@Tony L if this is in the wrong place then do feel free to move it.
Stefan

Last edited:
Well, I'm quite surprised, given how well the SA-01 did and how any people seem to love the equivalent Nord amps that nobody is interested in having basically the same thing at such low/ no profit pricing.

Stefan

Well, I'm quite surprised, given how well the SA-01 did and how any people seem to love the equivalent Nord amps that nobody is interested in having basically the same thing at such low/ no profit pricing.

Stefan

I'd give it a little time - I'd certainly snap one of these up if I didn't already have a couple of Hypex-based amps.

I’d normally be all over a pair of those NC500 monoblocks, but you’ve caught me in the year of massive home improvements. :-(

Starting to get a few more people interested in these, slowly but surely, if there is any one else interested then let me know.

Stefan

advertisement

Back