advertisement

How do you delete imported photos from Photos on a mac?

avole

The wise never post on Internet forums
Before I throw in the towel and go Lightroom, does anyone know how you can delete previous imports from Photos an a Mac?

Unfortunately Imports has decided to organise by date and minute, so I have several hundred lines with one photo on each. Apart from that, I'd like to delete the images when I've organised them into folders.

Eh
Cmd A Select All, or Edit Select All
Image Delete or Backspace key
Haven't done it but it looks like what I would do.

I've tried the backspace/cmd A trick but it doesn't work. Also, there's no image delete option. The contents of the imports folder aren't the actual files, only references to them, and it is these Photos won't let you remove. The only viable solution seems to be to remove Photos in its entirety.

That looks to work fairly similarly to Aperture. I’m still using Aperture which does still work under High Sierra, though I’m sure a time will cme when I have to migrate. I could get by with Photos now assuming it could neatly import my Aperture library retaining the hierarchical structure, which I’m not sure it can! The preset geolocations, people kind of sorting is way beyond useless to me as the vast majority of my pictures are of audio kit, records etc etc taken at home, so I have my own system that I’d need to retain. Not looking forward to making the change, but the editing features are adequate to my needs now (I never need more than say curves, crop and rotate).

I did find a quick way to delete the actual raw and jpeg files, but all I want to do is clear the records of my imports, which apparently no-one at Apple thought anybody would want to do, but then they weren't faced with the problem I have.

Anyway, I'll start looking at other options. I'd go with Lightroom, but not with the monthly contract. You can still buy the previous version, however, at least in France so may do that.

Any suggestions for other options ?

Adobe Bridge? Comes bundled with Photoshop and all for around £8-10 a month which is an absolute bargain in my opinion

I did find a quick way to delete the actual raw and jpeg files, but all I want to do is clear the records of my imports, which apparently no-one at Apple thought anybody would want to do, but then they weren't faced with the problem I have.

Anyway, I'll start looking at other options. I'd go with Lightroom, but not with the monthly contract. You can still buy the previous version, however, at least in France so may do that.

Any suggestions for other options ?

Teach??

teaches. It's a quote from the maxims that come after 'Man and Superman'.

advertisement

Back