advertisement

[FS] Hohner Professional JT60 Electric Guitar ATN Circuitry

James Evans

Bedroom Bodger
Hohner Professional JT60 Electric Guitar ATN Circuitry. Bought from new by me around 1992 and not really used for the past 20 years. I've cleaned the pickup switch and vol and tone pots with switch cleaner and there's no crackles at all. Plugged into my old guitar amp and everything is fully functional and sounding really nice actually. The tremolo arm is buried somewhere in a bag in the loft, but it's just a bog standard 6mm trem arm that you can pick up cheaply.

I’ve just restrung it with a new set of d’addario xl 10-46 strings. When I last had it professionally set up the shop advised that the tremolo on these was not much more than a novelty and it would be best set to not be used, so the bridge is set flush against body (the guitar doesn’t detune set this way). If fitting a tremolo arm again the guitar would need setting up again with the bridge raised off the body. I do also remember the bloke in the shop in Leeds playing it through a musicman 2x10 valve amp and it sounding fantastic. He commented how good these guitars can sound.

These guitars had a very special wiring system by Alan Entwhistle, who was an inventive genius. By using various combinations of the controls and three-way various sounds could be made - for instance a series of strat style sounds - bridge pickup/neck pickup/bridge and centre plus tele style sound, Gretsch style sound, acoustic style sound etc. (paragraph lifted from a reverb.com listing to save me typing it out!)

A photo of the different pickup/pot settings is shown.

I just don't play it and neither son is interested so time to move it on to someone who will use it.

It spent the first few years of its life moving around student flats and picked up a fair few chips and marks as shown in the photos. It's a heavy guitar + offset body = unstable in the hands of hammered students!

One sold on ebay a few months ago for just shy of 200, there's others for sale at more than double that. I'm thinking £150 for this considering the marks (although they do look much worse in the photos than face to face).

I don't have packaging so collection from Wirral or meet up somewhere.

advertisement

Back