advertisement

HiFi consumers . . . slightly ranty

When provoked with the kind of slanderous nonsense that doesn't deserve serious consideration, I prefer to react with good humour: jokers should be treated as such. We treat serious people seriously.

That's why we now have a growing portfolio of 400 products from - among others - the following manufacturers:
Adam Audio
Antelope
Aqvox
Audioengine
Aurender
Benchmark
Burson Audio
Calyx
Centrance
Devilsound
Econote
Emotiva
Focal
Fostex
Furutech
Gradient Loudspeakers
Halide
High Resolution Technologies (HRT)
John Kenny
JohnBlue
KingRex
Mark Grant
MSB
Mytek
Pure
Red Wine
Revelation Audio Labs
Sonicweld
Soul of the Music (SoTM)
Stereoknight
SuperPro
Swan/HiVi Speakers
Verastarr Cables
Vintage Audio Lab
Wadia
Wesena
Wireworld
Wyred 4 Sound

So, to set a few things straight:

Item Audio is in its fourth year of trading. The Limited company it is part of was established in 2003. Given the state of the economy in general, I wouldn't make firm predictions about any of the distributors or manufacturers currently in business! However, we are a rapidly growing bricks-and-mortar - as well as an internet - trading entity. We had one of the largest rooms at this year's National Audio Show.

The new website goes live next week, and was mentioned in passing in response to a valid question about why the old one hadn't been updated.

We are serious enough about what we're doing to have our own - growing - range of original products, already receiving top-marks reviews in the press.

You shouldn't confuse the scurrilous crapstorm whisked up by certain forum participants with any kind of on-the-ground reality. Alan - you're welcome to call me or visit us anytime to judge for yourself.

PS: Coconut's brilliant anti-foo campaign should be applauded and (of course) not misinterpreted as a commercial venture. Apart from our old 'About Us' page and the Altmann price list, Patrick's web pages are by a country mile the most fun you'll ever have reading about audio equipment. Long may he deadpan lampoon.

These comments would only be libelous if they could be shown to have deterred potential customers like Alan from buying Gradient speakers by making publicly defamatory claims about or slurs upon the integrity of the company with malicious intent.

As far as I can see there's nothing in the (already ridiculous) libel law that protects a person from themselves i.e. acting like a twat and thereby inviting just ridicule.

Item,

That's why we now have a growing portfolio of 400 products from - among others - the following manufacturers:
Adam Audio
Antelope
Aqvox
Audioengine
Aurender
Benchmark
Burson Audio
Calyx
Centrance
Devilsound
Econote
Emotiva
Focal
Fostex
Furutech
Gradient Loudspeakers
Halide
High Resolution Technologies (HRT)
John Kenny
JohnBlue
KingRex
Mark Grant
MSB
Mytek
Pure
Red Wine
Revelation Audio Labs
Sonicweld
Soul of the Music (SoTM)
Stereoknight
SuperPro
Swan/HiVi Speakers
Verastarr Cables
Vintage Audio Lab
Wadia
Wesena
Wireworld
Wyred 4 Sound
Must be a very different market over yonder. Out of your list I've heard or seen in the flesh only Benchmark and Focal.

Joe

Joe

I am readying for market Horta speakers and amps; not merely solidstate, they are solid silicon all the way through.

Horta - The Closest Approach to the original Pain (tm)

[size=-2]Horta - The Closest Approach to the original Pain (tm) is a trademark of acoustica.org.uk. Accept no less. Burma Shave, etc. [/size]

Martin,

Someone beat you to it.

2536559097_a25572b30d.jpg

NO AVI I!

Joe

@avole Which is why i said it wasn't slanderous....do keep up at the back.

item, don't forget to list your registered business address on the website, it's a legal requirement in the UK. Also your 'about us' page might need a little work.

@avole Which is why i said it wasn't slanderous....do keep up at the back.

item, don't forget to list your registered business address on the website, it's a legal requirement in the UK. Also your 'about us' page might need a little work.
Hmm - I'm afraid the jury is out on that one;)

Joe

I am readying for market Horta speakers and amps; not merely solidstate, they are solid silicon all the way through.

Horta - The Closest Approach to the original Pain (tm)

[size=-2]Horta - The Closest Approach to the original Pain (tm) is a trademark of acoustica.org.uk. Accept no less. Burma Shave, etc. [/size]

I'd be afraid it'd try to tunnel its way out of my listening room.

advertisement

Back