advertisement

Help needed: NCC 200 boards

John R

Trade: Analogue innovation
I'm currently having fun building a pair of NCC 200 boards but have hit a snag regarding axial ployproylene caps ( BC 2222 464 type) I can't source any: Tried Les today but he's not got any, Les suggested asking the PFM community. Can anyone sell me some or suggest quality alternatives please?

Values needed are:

220pf x 2

330pf x 2

470pf x 4

Thanks

alf.

OK dropped a bollock here with values don't need the 330 pf ! But I'm confused..

Les' build notes say capacitors marked thus* should be polystyrene.. But Neil Mcbride suggests Les' axial caps are blue BC 2222 464 series but these are polypropylene :confused: & which are also discontinued! So am I barking up the wrong tree? I've found that Farnell does polystyrene axials in the values I need ,so perhaps I'll go with them.

alf

Try this one on ebay. Ask him for the values you need. There are others on ebay, just search "polystyrene capacitor*"

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I got all my Polystyrene caps from Farnell, they have them and so do Radio Spares, these things are NOT cheap, use the Polystyrene and not the Polypropylene, it's a filter circuit and the first choice should always be Polystyrene, very stable and great at HF.
Paul

thank you all very much.. I'll certainly go with the polystyrene caps, no point in spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar...

alf.

I have just taken a look. I have loads of the 470 and 220 in polystyrene, but for some inexplicable reason I only have one 330pF left. I also have some of the 2222 646 types in all values as well, so you can at least get it up and going with those and swap out for a polystyrene later on.

PM me with your address.

Richard.
Received the 330 pf caps this morning -thank you very much indeed. I can now carry on with the build. I'll get payment off to you this week. Pfm comes up trumps again !

alf

Guys. I need more help with regard to TR7 MJE 15030 and TR8 MJE 15031. I have these in TO 220 cases but the base collector and emitter legs don't appear to match the hole centres in the boards. Can I, or must I tease the legs apart to make them fit, or have I got the incorrect case style for these tranny's? If so, what is the correct case style for these transistors?

Nearly there now !

alf.

Just make a small 'dog leg' in the outer leads using a pair of snipe nosed pliers. Take care not the bend the leads too close to the case as the seal could be compromised - make the first bend where the lead narrows.

Just a quick note to say they're completed ! :) Been running them for a few days now - Absolutely wonderfull sound. :D

alf.

advertisement

Back