advertisement

Help and Advice Please

Tim-Ann

pfm Member
Hi - I am the Ann part of Tim-Ann. I'm sorry to say that Tim died just before Christmas leaving me the headache of selling off his audio equipment.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and could do with some honest advice from forum members.
The best case scenario would be for someone local who could come and take a look at the various bits of cables, plugs, amps and speakers etc . I am however very conscious of the fact that I could very easily be shafted by someone who would be unscrupulous enough to take advantage of me so I would very much appreciate it if the forum members could support me once someone has stepped in, just to confirm that I'm not being ripped off.

I have a pair of SCM150ASL tower speakers which I know are worth between £5000 and £6000 but as for the rest of the stuff I've got I have no idea.

I'm sorry if I've not posted this in the correct forum area - the world of forums is all mystery to me!!

Sorry for your loss, Ann.

If you post what the items are here then there are many of us that can advise on their true value. If you also let people know roughly whereabouts you are, then perhaps a trusted member or two could visit, if that was appropriate.

There are also some very good, honest dealers that post on here. They may well be prepared to buy off you, which saves a deal of hassle. You'd get a fair price; not as much as selling privately as dealers do have a living to make. But an easy path to take.

Sorry to hear of you loss and I'm sure there will be help along soon depending where you are in the country . Some great people here who will look after you I'm sure.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences.
Regarding value, if you check out the 'completed' auctions in EBay that will at least give you some idea as to value, private sales will realise more , I am sure you could post a list of items in the classified section here.
Keith

So sorry to hear of your loss.
Whereabouts are you?
Hopefully someone can help you list the equipment to put on here to get a concensus of price & where best to advertise it.

Condolences Ann.

For a pretty accurate gauge on prices, or at least asking prices use the website "Hifishark".

Type in the piece of equipment and it will display the same items that are for sale around the world on various websites,or have been sold. You can change the display currency to £ also.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences.
Regarding value, if you check out the 'completed' Austrians in EBay that will at least give you some idea as to value, private sales will realise more , I am sure you could post a list of items in the classified section here.
Keith

Are they unfinished in some way? :)

Why not take some photos, add details as good as you know (purchase dates) and post them here for some guidance on value.

I am sure there are people here that can give their valuation. In the end and hopefully quickly you get a consensus on what it is all worth? I don't think this is against the rules?

I believe you can't actually sell in this section but there is 'classified' plus sites such as ebay.

Sorry to hear of your loss Ann. There are some good people on Pink Fish and I would echo all the advice you have had so far.

Condolences but whatever you do don't sell it for what he told you he paid for it :)

As already said post a list of the kit and photos (if you need any help PM me and I'll host them and post them here for you as the photo linking can be confusing)

Another good site is HiFi Shark for sold prices of kit

https://www.hifishark.com/

Thank you everyone who has posted mesages.
My Step daughter Becki is in the process of compiling a list which she will post along with photos once its complete.
For any one who fancies taking a look at it in person we are in Bradford.
Once again many thanks

so sorry to hear this . hopefully someone can pop over to Bradford to identify and value some of the stuff .

Hi,

Very sorry for you loss. I'd be happy to give you a valuation of the equipment - let me know the details.

As far a reselling it goes, i'd suggest that you post in the classifieds on here & other forums before attempting eBay.

All the best

Dale

Hi - I am the Ann part of Tim-Ann. I'm sorry to say that Tim died just before Christmas leaving me the headache of selling off his audio equipment.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and could do with some honest advice from forum members.
The best case scenario would be for someone local who could come and take a look at the various bits of cables, plugs, amps and speakers etc . I am however very conscious of the fact that I could very easily be shafted by someone who would be unscrupulous enough to take advantage of me so I would very much appreciate it if the forum members could support me once someone has stepped in, just to confirm that I'm not being ripped off.

I have a pair of SCM150ASL tower speakers which I know are worth between £5000 and £6000 but as for the rest of the stuff I've got I have no idea.

I'm sorry if I've not posted this in the correct forum area - the world of forums is all mystery to me!!

Those speakers are over £18k new... I can see on eBay that some ATC SCM 50 ASL speakers, RRP around £12k, went for £6,880 on eBay just before Xmas.

As suggested earlier, get some photos of stuff put up, and am sure many people will be able to help.

Thank you all once again for your replies and condolances. I'm Becky, Tim's daughter (AKA the person who had to help him carry all the many, MANY speakers in and out of the house over the years).
I've put together a list of equipment that we need to sell, with a couple of questions about some items. We have photos but the image hosting process has beaten me, I'm not as tecnologically competant as dad was.
Here goes:

2x ATC SCM150SL - AT 3-way active speakers, built 5/7/12.
The price for these new seems to average £20,000.00 so what kind of mark down are we looking at because of their age? Also, Dad had some Orbit power cables custom made from The Missing Link which he paid a few hundred pounds for. I'm assuming we sell these along with the speakers but should we add them to the price or take the loss?

1x Auralic Altair Wireless Streaming DAC, bought 5/9/16 for £1599.00
Again, can anyone advise on what sort of mark down can we expect on this.

1x CSE Isolation Regulator RK-100, unsure of purchase date.
This one has me stumped. Google has been no help on price, but then I've no idea if this is a good or bad piece of kit?? Considering what Dad spent on cables I'd guess it's fairly decent. No recipts or paperwork for it either so any advice is greatly appreciated.

2x Harmonic Resolutions Systems Damping Plates. One small (DPll-05545), one medium (DPll-09545). I've sourced the price of them brand new which is £344, you know what my next question will be...any ideas on 2nd hand value?

1x Stillpoints Universal Resonance Damper System - Threaded riser set of 3.
I've looked on the Stillpoints website but they don't seem to sell these risers anymore. Even ebay and HiFi Shark have come up blank. Are these obsolete or do you think people would still be interested? I found one pair being sold for £150 on PinkFish Media but that was a post from 2016.

One last question, if someone came round to buy the speakers we'd let them listen to them, if they bought them then would they be expected to pack the speakers into the boxes or would that be our job? What is the protocol for that? Obviously I'd rather they did it because I'd assume they'd have a better idea of what they're doing.

I think that's everything for now. Apologies for the sheer volume of questions but this is all unchartered territory. He wouldn't even let us use his HiFi so we've now got to figure that out as well!

Posted the photos for Ann & Becky with the relevant questions:

2x ATC SCM150SL - AT 3-way active speakers, built 5/7/12.
The price for these new seems to average £20,000.00 so what kind of mark down are we looking at because of their age? Also, Dad had some Orbit power cables custom made from The Missing Link which he paid a few hundred pounds for. I'm assuming we sell these along with the speakers but should we add them to the price or take the loss?

ATC speakers front by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

ATC speakers front no cover by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

ATC speakers back by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

1x Auralic Altair Wireless Streaming DAC, bought 5/9/16 for £1599.00
Again, can anyone advise on what sort of mark down can we expect on this.

Auralic Altair wireless streaming DAC by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

1x CSE Isolation Regulator RK-100, unsure of purchase date.
This one has me stumped. Google has been no help on price, but then I've no idea if this is a good or bad piece of kit?? Considering what Dad spent on cables I'd guess it's fairly decent. No recipts or paperwork for it either so any advice is greatly appreciated.

CSE Isolation Regulator RK-100 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

1x Stillpoints Universal Resonance Damper System - Threaded riser set of 3.
I've looked on the Stillpoints website but they don't seem to sell these risers anymore. Even ebay and HiFi Shark have come up blank. Are these obsolete or do you think people would still be interested? I found one pair being sold for £150 on PinkFish Media but that was a post from 2016.

Stillpoints Risers by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

2x Harmonic Resolutions Systems Damping Plates. One small (DPll-05545), one medium (DPll-09545). I've sourced the price of them brand new which is £344, you know what my next question will be...any ideas on 2nd hand value?

advertisement

Back