advertisement

Headphone Recommendations...

Hi all, I fancy some over ear, wired, closed back headphones. I've always had/have Sennheiser ear/headphones, but have been put off the brand by replacement parts being excessively priced, ie replacement ear pads for the HD650 being £40 (the 650s were £160 new).

They are for listening to speech, podcast etc, so have to be easy to drive and have good clarity.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Buyer DT990s same quality of reproduction as HD600s and cheaper but open backed alas

Beyer DT250. Pretty much indestructible too.

Those sound really good but pretty much all production has a fault in the detachable cable plug which doesn't have an air tight fit to the left earcup. This means the left and right have a different response.
Unforgivably stupid production error from Beyer. It can be DIY fixed but they really should sort it.

Those sound really good but pretty much all production has a fault in the detachable cable plug which doesn't have an air tight fit to the left earcup. This means the left and right have a different response.
Unforgivably stupid production error from Beyer. It can be DIY fixed but they really should sort it.
Hi Robert, I must admit I have not heard any issues like this with my own 250s. Mine are 2008 production. I use mine at work. They sound very good to me, I personally preferred them to the Grados that I have owned (which are rather exciting to listen to I admit) and a pair of Audioquests that I heard at a dealers. I also have B&W PX7 and they beat those, but only when not on a train etc. My absolute favourite part of the Beyers is the long list of part numbers you get with them in case you need a spare. The SME of headphones....

Never had any issues with my DT 250 to be honest.
Had them several years with low use.
Mine are the 250ohm.
They were ridiculous cheap vs performance, beeing one of my favorites.

I have Sennheiser HD650s and over the years I have owned them I have replaced almost every part of them due to wear and tear.
I have only bought the cables from Sennheiser, all the other bits can be got at very reasonable cost after market.

B&O play h6 are very comfy and cheaper now on Amazon. I use a pair with a dragonfly red, they always put a smile on my face.

advertisement

Back