advertisement

HD video camcorders

Mention of track days and in-car shots reminds me of this sort of gear, which I guess is one of the exciting things that modern digital tech brings to the game:

http://www.goprocamera.com/

The ease, quality and low cost of these options really does astonish me. If you also happen to want to get some shots of your skydiving, skiing or surfing, then this is just the ticket.

Yep now thats a handy bit of kit for the action man. :)

I hadnt seen the film quality from those. You can even get the standard non 1080p version (has 720p and 960p though) for £180.

Just need a version with a small viewfinder or LCD screen........

Why? This surely defeats the "point" of the cam...

Well just in that its a great cam and having a small LCD or viewfinder on the back would just enable you to use it for handheld use at a pinch when you are not doing loop the loops on the snow.

I agree its not essential for what it does best, would just be a nice to have.

Awesome vid!

Amazing. I looked at these camera's following Richie Boys suggestion. The problem is they are awesome for strap n play. But no view finder, no zoom, no screen no adjustment etc, etc

perfect for strapping and recording but inflexible elsewhere :(

O/T What car do you track?

I used to track a 911 964 RS and an E30 M3, but both sadly gone, the 964 I had for 10 years and spent lots of time n money on the engine :D

Now it's just me n an M3. It's been round the ring, but that's it apart from some great trips though italy and the alps ;)

I used to track a 911 964 RS and an E30 M3, but both sadly gone, the 964 I had for 10 years and spent lots of time n money on the engine :D

Now it's just me n an M3. It's been round the ring, but that's it apart from some great trips though italy and the alps ;)

Good man for not treating them like garage queens! Braver than me!

Will do,

I have a busy weekend, so might only be able to give a quick heads up ;)

I am looking forward to giving my new imac something meaty to chew over :D

advertisement

Back