advertisement

Has PFM always been so divided?

Well I've just learned something... which often happens with Mushrooms. I always understood that Muscarine was the activa halluginogen in Amanita Muscaria. However it turns out to be this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscimol

Muscarine is much more dangerous and features in deadly species such as Inocybe Dealbata ( Red Staining Inocybe) and a few others, including Clitocybe Rivulosa, which is often prolific in lawns.. including mine..

Let's be careful out there!!

There's a lot of splitting going on- it merely reflects the enormous frustration with or admiration for the monstrosities of Trump- Brexit. There's a definite shift in politics as some are saying- the old left/right has been swept away by something much more destructive. Balls-out right wing populism with the war drum already banging.

They used to watch for reindeer eating flyagaric then drink their fresh urine, it cleans a lot of the nasties out.

So anyway.. divided PFM.. you were saying?

Society has not been so divided in my lifetime - nor has inequality been so great.

The haves and have nots have retreated to their camps in readiness for battle whilst those in the middle have been forced to choose a side or face being slaughtered by opposing forces.

I call for the burning of all those with more than 2 x NAP 250's and a Karma living in a detached property.

In the early 1400s the chain letter of parchments pertaining to music and the instrumentation that is used to create it oft had marginalia where the lettered sages of the age would exchange barbs over whether Joan of Arc was a terrorist, the sense of the Ottoman push for Constantinople, Teutonic Knights - good or bad, Scots vs. English, Medici excess and the wisdom of the founding of All Souls. It could get quite heated and personal.

Society has not been so divided in my lifetime - nor has inequality been so great.

The haves and have nots have retreated to their camps in readiness for battle whilst those in the middle have been forced to choose a side or face being slaughtered by opposing forces.

I call for the burning of all those with more than 2 x NAP 250's and a Karma living in a detached property.

Glad I only have a pair of 135's. :D
Got away with another one ;)
Although probably get picked up next round... :(

I'm not going to thank someone for insistent trolling against my posts, you being one BTW. Bullying stems from low self esteem, a lack of control.

Just a thought, have you thought of taking part in a debate once in a while, sniping from the sidelines at posts when it takes your fancy is the act of a coward.

Say something on the subject for a change, rather than the poster.

Raga, I don't mean to deliberately needle you, but it does need pointing out that you don't practice what you preach. Your first post (#7) in the 'dumb' thread is a textbook example of everything you criticise above:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3232315&postcount=7

As somebody recently pointed out, you need to deal with the plank in your own eye. Then you might be taken more seriously. At the moment, you just come across as somebody who lacks self-awareness.

Glad I only have a pair of 135's. :D
Got away with another one ;)
Although probably get picked up next round... :(

John McDonnell has said old Naim gear will have a special tax applied. How? TV detector van staff will be given the task of looking in people's sitting room windows while pursuing license dodgers. A CB250 will attract a one-off £100, £150 if it's been recapped. Old banger LP12s will see a £50 tax and anyone trying to flog a knackered old Axis will have to go on an awareness course or face a £100 fine and scrappage charges.

Those, indeed, were the daze...

4090283330_0fa931e6f6.jpg

wow...everything about that photos screams '1980s'..

It has the common name 'Stinkhorn'. Latin 'Phallus Impudicus' It is not toxic, though I doubt the developed 'horn' is very tasty. However the 'egg' stage from which the horn emerges, is said to be edible and is highly rated by some. I've never tried it.

There's an amusing story by Gwen Raverat in her autobiography Period Piece, about a maiden aunt who, just before WWI, used to go around the woods near Cambridge, chopping down all the Stinkhorns she could find, then taking them home and burning them. She used to carry them in a covered basket 'in case the servants saw them'.

There's an amusing story by Gwen Raverat in her autobiography Period Piece, about a maiden aunt who, just before WWI, used to go around the woods near Cambridge, chopping down all the Stinkhorns she could find, then taking them home and burning them. She used to carry them in a covered basket 'in case the servants saw them'.

That sounds incredibly Roman Catholic.

Can I share my photo of a weird baby jelly-brain fungus i saw a few days back on our regular 6km walkies? It looks a bit... onanistic... (especially what with seeing pfm's fragile masculinity on show) -- but here you go...

23032413_1874333402896981_143053521499251867_n.jpg

I'm keeping an eye on it, seeing if it turns into a Horta or one of the Gamesters of Triskelion. Something pooped in it the other day, Something else will probably eat it, (and also eat the poop). Isn't the majesty of mother nature wonderful?

I've seen that stuff too. I've searched my numerous books on Fungi and it doesn't feature. The best explanation I can find is that it is something to do with frogs or toads and their spawn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/outdoors/articles/jelly/

Mull

That sounds incredibly Roman Catholic.

Interestingly, the aunt in question was violently anti-Catholic. She confronts Gwen one evening about a novel in which: 'a priest rides so fast to give a man absolution before he dies, that he KILLS his horse under him. Isn't it horrible!'

These pot boiling bodice rippers you are consuming. Do you think you may have the literary equivalent of Prader-Willi? (That's not a doople ontonder btw).

advertisement

Back