advertisement

Great album....except that one song

The last song on The Boatman's Call. Nick Cave..

One of my favourite albums (a great hifi reference standard Lp too) but I can only stomach this album by him. Because he's so infuriatingly pretentious to me. This 1 album though (& very occasionally a song on another album ) sets aside his faux gothic drama pretentiousness.. for genuine beauty. And omg what a difference in standard, the result! Apart from the last godawful song though on it though, including the most godawful word in the english lexicon. Yup, the c-word. A real shame.

Thank goodness both my inclusions are the final songs so I can leap up & aim for my 774 arm wanger before my ears are assaulted.

Capt

Wtf was Nick Cave even thinking when he wrote '..your twinkling c**t' ?? A lyrical abomination.

He was on R4's excellent new theology programme with the Archbishop of Canterbury on Monday. He wasn't the least bit pretentious, but insightful, interesting & intelligent.

I can only think he was on heroin when he wrote this appalling last song on The Boatman's Call.

Blinded By The Light ( The Roaring Silence) by Manfed Man’s Earth Band. Somehow it does not fit with the rest of the album and I always skip it whenever I listen to the album. It helps that it is the very first track.

Lily, Rosemary & The Jack Of Hearts on Blood On The Tracks. Not a bad song per se, it just jars with the rest of the largely acoustic, confessional and highly personal numbers on one of Bob’s greatest ever albums.

Brothers in arms, great album but I wish money for nothing wasn’t on it.
Funny I should stumble across this thread about half an hour after thinking that.

Blinded By The Light ( The Roaring Silence) by Manfed Man’s Earth Band. Somehow it does not fit with the rest of the album and I always skip it whenever I listen to the album. It helps that it is the very first track.
I like it.

Kayleigh and Lavender on Misplaced Childhood ?
2 tracks though not one

Eh? Kayleigh is probably the best song on the album.

There IS -one- standout-appallingly-embarrassing one on that album though, of Fish kinda reciting an awful poem over bland music (& I don't think it's even the puny Lavender either with it's silly dilly-dilly already). How on god's earth you prefer this to the rather wonderful Kayleigh!?

Some of these inclusions are frankly weird.

advertisement

Back