advertisement

Goldring or ESCO Troika?

Thanks guys for all the input. I will send it first to Goldring then and wait for their free assessement and work it from there.

In the meantime I brought back an old K9 I had in the cupboard and even though the stylus was missing I went through the processs of getting a new AT-95E stylus, butchered it and managed to install it on the old girl without looking silly.

To be completely blunt and now that it's already runned-in, I can go as far as to say that it's really amazing in musical terms as the old mc ones. Brilliant combination from the past going through my NAC72 with 322NA boards.

Cheers

30712085_10216339412542037_1249778475370947213_n.jpg

My recently acquired Troika actually has a black anodised mid section rather than the red anodised ones I see pictured. Has anyone come across this before? It's boxed with a serial number and everything. I'm just curious as to why it's different.

Having seen a previous post by Gaius about his Karna with red generator cover, this appears to be a Troika with a black one. The question is why? Is it just some former owner wanting to be different?

The black generator cover is from a Linn Karma. However, I have an all black Troika (body and generator cover). As far as I am aware, the only one made.

Having seen a previous post by Gaius about his Karna with red generator cover, this appears to be a Troika with a black one. The question is why? Is it just some former owner wanting to be different?
That's now mine. Awaiting the Goldring treatment.

advertisement

Back