advertisement

Forthcoming gigs

andrew

pfm Member
Dear All

We have the 'What was the last concert you went to?' thread, but it might be more useful to have something in advance to give people the chance of attending an event they might otherwise have missed. It might even encourage people to go along to something with others from the forum instead of sitting alone at home. Aw...

Here's my contribution: Energetic and entertaining punk band Goldblade play Fibbers in York this coming Friday (11 Sept). Saw them earlier this year, having never heard of them before, and was singing along after ten mins.

Andrew

I'm off to this later in the month - I'm now old enough that they are putting up blue plaques on the music of my youth...

Tony.

Blood Ceremony & Electric Wizard at the Scala in Kings Cross tomorrow night - might still be some tickets on seetickets available. I'm guessing it will probably be quite loud.

From The Jam- Academy, Manchester Sat Dec 12th.

Going with a few mates but there's room for more.

Gypsy kings and queens at liverpool phil on oct 12th
Richard Hawley also at the phil on oct 17th (I think)

Would also like to go see Kate Walsh on oct 13th in chester but think the babysitter may protest at 3 gigs in the same week...

James, come to Nottingham and see here the week before then :p. I love kate Walsh...hence...

Kate Walsh - 8th Oct, Nottingham
La Roux - 17th Nov, Nottingham
The Decemberists - 19th Nov, Coronet, London
Wanted to see The Sounds and Porcupine Tree the same week but there's just no way I can :)

Pixies, Brixton Academy 9th oct.

I actually loathe BA as the sound is awful & echoey/ cavernous (all the gigs ive seen have been terrible cos of the wretched depressing place & its acoustics), but hey they're gonna play doolittle.. which is nice.

Not until 14th December at Koko but...

Sunn O))) and OM

set phasers to stun and dig out the earplugs.

Paul
Thanks for that. Booked. Last time I saw them was with Boris & Earth at the Forum.

Thoroughly agree with you on BA, Captain, horrible place. Still off to see the Dead Weather there next month, though.

Boo Hewerdine at The Chattery in Swansea Nov 12....A tenner a throw, Boo plays there every year and I'm lucky enough to be on speaking terms with him now- A smashing self effacing gent he is, fair play.

No t'is indeed shitty scheduling...I am hoping, against hope probably, that as as Lightning Bolt are are over for ATM as well as Sunn O))) they will appear on the bill as well....optimistic thats me.

Paul

No t'is indeed shitty scheduling...I am hoping, against hope probably, that as as Lightning Bolt are are over for ATM as well as Sunn O))) they will appear on the bill as well....optimistic thats me.

Paul
That would be a gig and a half - although a Lightning Bolt appearance can be a health and safety nightmare. Does the Koko have a late curfew? I've never been there.

I saw the Fall there a few months ago and they pretty promptly threw you out post gig so I think they must have a curfew in place...yes I s'pose Lightning Bolt would be a bit of a H+S issue...still be good tho' wouldn't it!

Paul

The Specials in Wolverhampton (minus Jerry Dammers!!!)
White Lies in Bristol
Tom Jones in Cardiff (always a great show - knickers flying everywhere)
Buena Vista Social Club in Cheltenham & Oxford

Charlie

Given up gigs. Going to The Boys Own Party in London on October 3rd.

Andy Weatherall doesn't appear to be on the list of DJs, which is a shame.

I am sure that Primal Scream's 'Loaded,' and a bunch of Weatherall's other productions, will get played though.

Jack

The London Sinfonietta at The Queen Elizabeth Hall in London on Sunday.

They are playing tunes you can whistle by John Adams and John Cage.

Jack

advertisement

Back