advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

A new discovery for me, thanks to Radcliffe & Maconie playing a track on 6Music last month... Our Man In The Field. Two genuinely lovely LPs of folky Americana - think Ryan Evans crossed with Hiss Golden Messenger (quite apt as they share a producer with HGM)

Saw them live last night at the Trades Club. Five-piece band, two sets in front of a painfully small audience. Absolutely fantastic show - a proper privilege to be there. Nice long chat with Alex at the merch table - a Saltburn lad.

A new discovery for me, thanks to Radcliffe & Maconie playing a track on 6Music last month... Our Man In The Field. Two genuinely lovely LPs of folky Americana - think Ryan Evans crossed with Hiss Golden Messenger (quite apt as they share a producer with HGM)

Saw them live last night at the Trades Club. Five-piece band, two sets in front of a painfully small audience. Absolutely fantastic show - a proper privilege to be there. Nice long chat with Alex at the merch table - a Saltburn lad.

That looks like a fab venue. I'm so jealous- out here in Aberystwyth we have zilch music on the whole, of any note.

I spot that Gaz Coombes is playing soon too- lucky you: a fine songwriter since his youthful Supergrass band, probably mostly acoustic there I'd think?

Capt

That looks like a fab venue. I'm so jealous- out here in Aberystwyth we have zilch music on the whole, of any note.

I spot that Gaz Coombes is playing soon too- lucky you: a fine songwriter since his youthful Supergrass band, probably mostly acoustic there I'd think?

Capt

It is - small intimate room, sometimes seated. Fantastic Thai food and a great bar with some nice beers. Membership gets you discounts on gig tickets and drinks (£3.20 a pint!! :) ) Couldn't make the Gaz Coombes show, but long sold-out I think. Saw BC Camplight and Michael Head there recently; both brilliant.

I’ve just listened to a couple of tracks on their website, right up my street, thanks for posting. I’m crossing the Trades Club off my bucket list in April with a John Smith gig.

I'm really sorry but I need to add this. I added this song around xmas, but this guy, nails it. And it's better as just the audio too (a nerd in his bedroom 'studio' aint adding zilch to my imagining ES playing it).

It's sort of like remastering ES songs, such as the acoustic ones were often 'makeshift' recorded, & also due to his self-depreciation (depression) a bit 'makeshift' in his actual playing, on these stripped-back earlier acoustic songs too.

Condor Avenue by Elliott Smith:

Capt

Maccar I think you're going to have to put reins on me & allocate my ES inclusions. I think that now it's a problem/habit. Like maybe I'm only allowed 1 every 2 pages, or only allowed to on Sunday 2-2:20pm or something. I'll try to curtail it.

It really is like heroin for me, my passenger car seat's strewn with ES cd's I saw today. A wonderful drug though..

Capt

I'm really sorry but I need to add this. I added this song around xmas, but this guy, nails it. And it's better as just the audio too (a nerd in his bedroom 'studio' aint adding zilch to my imagining ES playing it).

It's sort of like remastering ES songs, such as the acoustic ones were often 'makeshift' recorded, & also due to his self-depreciation (depression) a bit 'makeshift' in his actual playing, on these stripped-back earlier acoustic songs too.

Condor Avenue by Elliott Smith:

Capt
Don't like the guy's voice, but it is certainly interesting to see the finger-picking of Smith's complex playing in visual form.

No issues here with regular Elliott Smith posts btw 👌

Maccar I think you're going to have to put reins on me & allocate my ES inclusions. I think that now it's a problem/habit. Like maybe I'm only allowed 1 every 2 pages, or only allowed to on Sunday 2-2:20pm or something. I'll try to curtail it.

It really is like heroin for me, my passenger car seat's strewn with ES cd's I saw today. A wonderful drug though..

Capt
Nar mate, no restrictions as far as I'm concerned.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Wasn't sure if to put this on here, but it's so beautiful thought someone might appreciate it.
Manu Delago, an Austrian composer/musician Snow From Yesterday... classed as Electronica, but it's so much more, definitely got World and Jazz influences
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

advertisement

Back